Major Sniffles

     You know a couple of weeks ago when I said that if you didn't feel like going to church, you should go anyway? Well, I failed to take my own advice today. But it wasn't just because I was extremely tired. It was mostly because I woke myself up around 7:30 because I couldn't breathe. I was so unbelievably congested I basically coughed awake and had to breathe through my mouth the rest of my fitful night's sleep. Honestly, I barely remember reaching over and turning off my alarm, but I know I did so because when I finally woke up completely it was like 9:30. I missed going to church, but I just felt so cruddy I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it very much anyway.
     Instead, I sat down at my computer and powered through all of my assignments due tomorrow (save for some textbook reading that I've been trying to do right now). I was pleasantly productive! I finished everything I needed to do by like noon. Then Emily and I went to get lunch from the Union, and when we came back I took a nap while she went to the library. Then we went to dinner together (Marina was home by then but she'd already eaten) and now we're back here again. I can't say it's been a particularly good day, since I have a terrible cold, but at least I got a lot done.
     Yesterday was much better. Mom and Dad came up for my first ever college orchestra concert! It went well-- I mean I wasn't magically able to play all the notes, but still. We sounded pretty good even with me fumbling through the hard parts unsuccessfully. Then I went to lunch at the same little diner I went to with Grandma and Pop and Dad bought me a t-shirt from there! And it's perfect because it's black so I can wear it for work too. Then we went to the mall and just walked around looking in all the stores, trying on boots and possible rain shoes, none of which fit. It was nice to be off campus and just hanging out with Mom and Dad. We tried to go see a movie, but we got there like right between showtimes, so we didn't end up seeing anything after all. We went to supper at a different diner, and then came back to campus for the Homecoming Coffee House. Once again, I could only stay for a little bit of it since I had to work the closing shift, but I think I got to see the best acts, because there was this group of guys that sang "Work Song" by Hozier and it was the bomb. I love that song. I think I'll go listen to it now.
     I have a mini fall break starting on Thursday of this coming week, so all I have to do is trudge my way through the next three days worth of classes, and then I get to head home for the FIRST TIME IN TWO MONTHS. That's so weird to think about. It doesn't feel that long at all. It honestly feels like I moved in like a week ago. I guess time flies. It really does seem like the weeks fly by here. The days seem long but the weeks are short. I don't know how to describe it.
     Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the familiar faces again!! Hopefully I get over this nasty cold so I can actually enjoy it. Sianara. Hope you have a great rest of your Sunday.

-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts