It Feels Like a Tuesday

     I don't know why, but it doesn't feel like a Wednesday...the week is halfway done but it doesn't feel like it at all. Maybe because for once in my life I'm actually ahead of schedule with my homework. But wouldn't that make it feel even later in the week? I don't know. Maybe it's because I got home early on Monday morning instead of coming back Sunday? Not sure. I'm glad it's Wednesday though. That means I get to go home again the day after tomorrow!
     I discovered a new favorite place to study. I love studying in the library, but I will admit that the lovely view of the books and the outdoors can be a bit distracting at times. Plus, there's the fact that I have to be quiet...and I'm not a naturally quiet person. Even when I'm not talking I somehow seem to make noise. When I walk to the bathroom, my jeans swish loudly together (because thigh gaps are overrated). If I bring breakfast with me to the library, the wrappers or crinkly papers are obnoxiously loud. And one time, I was just sitting there minding my own business, when I realized my headphones weren't plugged the whole way into my laptop and the music I was listening to was being broadcasted to everyone in the library. Sigh. I just can't win. The other place I usually study is in the dorm, but Marina likes it dark in there all the time, and while I don't mind, it does tend to feel a little dungeon-y at times. Plus, Marina brought us back a baby turtle to keep as a pet, and it's adorable, but it smells atrocious. Also, Marina has been sick for the past few days and I don't like bothering her when she's resting. So the room wasn't exactly all that appealing as a study place these past few days. So I started taking my work to the lounge, and it turns out I'm really productive in here! The lighting is great, the outlet on the wall is just far enough that when I'm charging my phone, I can't reach it, so I'm not tempted to check my phone all the time. The couch is comfortable but not so comfortable I want to fall asleep. It's really quiet and there's rarely anyone in here. It's really nice. So I've been coming in here, making myself a cup of tea (right now I'm drinking blueberry tea and it tastes like Trix cereal), and doing a bunch of work. I'm about to start a powerpoint about Geishas, so that should be fun. Then I have to read an appendix for Comm and read part of this play called J.B. which so far is really boring (I'm sorry, but plays are NOT MEANT TO BE READ. If they were, they'd be novels). Anyway, nothing spectacular is happening with me. Hope you enjoy your Wednesday-that-feels-like-a-Tuesday.

-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts