Happy, Happy Monday!

     It's only Monday and it's already been a pretty great week. Here's why: my Race and Poverty class was already canceled for Friday because we have an exam this week and then this morning I got an email saying that it was also canceled for today because my professor is sick and I ALSO got an email from my Shakespeare in the Movies teacher saying that class for tomorrow is canceled because she's having medical issues and there's a chance I won't have my 8AM youth cultures class because SEPTA might go on strike and if it does, my professor can't get to class! So while all of those circumstances are kind of sad and awful (sickness, health issues, public transportation issues), it means that this week should be fairly easy!
     Lately I've been thinking a lot about teaching. I still want to teach but now I have no idea where. I can teach anywhere and I'm not sure if I want to confine myself to the U.S. No, I don't want to live the rest of my life in foreign countries, but while I'm in my 20s and essentially unshackled, I'd like to travel as much as possible and teaching would let me do that. Then when I get tired of traveling and I'm ready to settle down, I can come back to the U.S. with a pocketful of experience in my suitcase and teach in the inner city somewhere or in the middle of nowhere, like Smithsburg, or in suburbia, if I so choose. Of course, this is all very up in the air. I've just mulling it over a lot. Good thing I'm only 18!!!!

Day 1072 Song Recommendation: "Clear the Stage" by Jimmy Needham.
Day 1073 Song Recommendation: "Benediction" by Josh Garrels.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts