Good Days

I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!!!
     Yesterday was Grandparents Day, so lots of grandparents were on campus with their grandkids, including my own! It was so nice to see them again. I had a great time hanging out with them. I got out of my first class at 9:15 and decided to call them to see if they were here yet and where I should meet them, and while I was on the phone with them, I saw their car! It was perfect timing, so I walked over to their car and got in with them and we parked and then walked to Parmer Hall together. They had a special chapel service for grandparents day which was nice because we sang more hymns than we usually do at regular chapel, and I love hymns. I love newer contemporary stuff too, but it's nice to have a mix.
     After that we went to The Falcon and got breakfast sandwiches, which always seems to be more complicated than I think it will be because the little computers you have to order your food on are super confusing and it's nearly impossible to hit the buttons. But we eventually figured it out and got to eat our food. After that we browsed the bookstore and the library, (including the Brethren in Christ Archive which was cool. I love old pictures and artifacts) and then it was time for my Marriage and Family class. There were a couple other sets of grandparents in the class too, and I think it was a good class for grandparents day because obviously grandparents have ample experience with marriage and family! The topic for the day was conflict, and I think it's safe to say that grandparents have ample experience with that as well.
     After class we went back to the dorm so I could show them where I live. Then I briefly showed them where I work, and then we went to the Oake's Museum. The lady who donated the huge collection of seashells that I found so fascinating was actually at the museum giving a talk about seashells!! Unfortunately we came in partway through her talk so we didn't stay for it, but I think that's so cool that she's still involved with the museum that her collection was donated to! Maybe someday I'll have a grand collection of something and a museum will want to have it and then I can hang out there and talk about my stuff! I do so love collecting things and talking!
     After that, we went off campus! Into civilization! We ate at a little tin can diner, with mini juke boxes on all the tables and the food was delicious. I've realized that I'm starting to form a love for soup, so I got soup and a sandwich at the diner. Then we went to Dairy Queen where they were playing awesome oldies music and I filled my soul with globs of chocolate and ice cream. Then we went to Dollar General to get some stuff for my dorm room, and then we came back.
     It was really nice getting to ride around in the car with my grandparents just driving around town. It felt like the old days back at home.
     Once they dropped me off back at campus and we said our goodbyes, I headed up to my dorm room to do homework, but got distracted by a cute guy in uniform who was outside the window with his family. Me and Emily stared out the window at him for a good ten minutes.
     That evening I had Koinonia Bible study which was nice (those girls sure do love to talk!!!) and then Powerhouse (which Marina and I were late to because of the talkative Koinonia girls). It was an overall grand day.
     Today was a good day too. Tonight is the homecoming dance, which I guess I'm excited about. I kinda just want to stay here and read and stuff but I've done that every single other weekend I've been here, so I can forfeit my anti-social life for a night to actually get dressed up and go out with the roomies. Plus I bought my ticket, so I'm gonna at least get my $5 worth.
     Now I think me and Emily (Emily and I) are going to go to the Union to paint pumpkins and eat food. Sianara!

-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts