Good Day :)

     Today I volunteered at Mighty Writers for the second time and helped a seventh grade girl write an essay about the challenge of taking tests...just as relevant for a thirteen year old as it is for an eighteen year old. Unfortunately.
     After Mighty Writers, I met Rei, one of my GCC family group leaders, for dinner at Chipotle but it was really crowded so after we got our food we took it to the SAC, which was deserted, and ate there. I was anticipating it being slightly awkward because I'm a very anxious and awkward person around people I don't know very well and while I've seen Rei at least twice a week every week since school started, I still felt like I would just be really awkward around her, especially because she graduated from Temple last year so I felt like it would be hard to find things to talk about since we're kind of at different places in our lives. But it wasn't awkward at all! I felt really comfortable talking to her. We talked about all kinds of things and it was nice to get to know each other better. She is one of the hands-down kindest, sweetest, most giving, loving, joyful people I've ever met. It was nice to talk to her about all kinds of things, like mission trips and traveling and future plans and home and Temple and religion and GCC. You can tell that she really cares about you and listens when you speak and remembers what you say. That seems like kind of a basic thing that a person should do, but it is very, very rare. Anyway, it's been a really nice day and I'm tired now so good night!

Day 1054 Song Recommendation: "The Last Day on Earth" by Kate Miller-Heidke.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts