Coming Home

     I am home for the first time in two months!!!!! The last time I sat in this living room was back in August! That's so weird to think about. I was kind of scared that it would feel weird being here, but it doesn't really. I'll admit it feels a little different than it used to, but not in a scary way. Not in a way that doesn't feel like home anymore. It just feels like what it is: coming home from college for a few days.
     I didn't tell my church friends I was coming home on Wednesday evening, I just told them I was coming home this weekend, so Mom and I drove straight from Messiah to church and I surprised them by walking into class unexpectedly. It was awesome. Their faces lit up when they saw me. It's nice that my simple presence has that effect on people now, LOL. It's kind of like I'm a bit of a celebrity, which admittedly is a nice feeling.
     I'm not really like a celebrity amongst my own family, but that's nice too because then it just feels like it always has. In fact, at the moment, I'm home alone because my mom, brother, and dad are all away at work. I unfortunately have school work that needs done, so I guess that's what I'll do now.

Update!
This has actually been a pretty weird day. The weirdest part was when mom and I were driving home from grandma's house and we were flagged down by this guy who was visiting someone on our street. He was actually from somewhere three hours away, but he'd come up to visit and brought his dog with him and his dog got scared in the new environment and ran away. He asked us if we'd seen a chocolate lab anywhere, and we said no, but took down his number to call him if we saw anything. Then as we got closer to our house, there was a lab standing in the middle of the street about fifty feet away. We tried to call the guy but he didn't pick up, so my mom got out of the car and yelled to the guy who was at the other end of the street. To make a long story short, the guy ran after the dog but by then the dog had moved. About a half an hour later, we saw the guy drive by again so we called him and asked if he'd found his dog, and he said he had. Thank goodness. The dog's name was Tut, and he's safe and sound with his owner again. Yay!
     I guess that's all I have to say for now...this post was very random.

-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts