When Your Friends Become Your Family

     I wasn't going to post today because like yesterday not much happened but I figured I shouldn't make this not-posting thing a habit. I've discovered that I actually really like the uber-depressing eerily-quiet totally-outdated library. I wrote half my Shakespeare paper in there today and did my Spanish homework. And in a reasonable amount of time! I love this weather (overcast and chilly). It makes me so much more productive. And I can drink tea! 
     Today Melissa, Haley, and I went to the Fresh Grocer and bought pretzels, M&Ms, and Hershey Kisses and brought them to TJ's apartment to make those pretzel, M&M, Hershey Kiss desserts (apparently they're called Hugs?). It was fun. Melissa and Haley had to leave once we finished making them to meet Melissa's roommate for dinner and then I took the Hugs to family group which was good as usual. I love how it actually feels like a family. Like we were just sitting around watching some Chewbacca Mom viral video and cracking up and then we talked about Jesus for a while and sat around in a circle singing songs all kumbaya and at the end Dominique was playing with Andrew's hair and putting it in a little puff and Eddie was wearing Rei's sweater and dancing goofily and I was like "Yep these peeps are my fam."   
     I also love how Eddie and Rei (the leaders) go out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable and included. Like when we were walking home I was kind of walking by myself and Rei came over to me and talked to me the whole way home. She's so bright and bubbly, just like Eddie. They're the perfect "mom and dad" of family group. Mrs. Matheny was right when she said that as you grow up your friends become your family and your family becomes your friends. It's weird but not unpleasant. 
     After I came back to 1300, Melissa, Haley, Melissa's roommate and I hung out in Melissa's room and I brought Skittles and peanut butter M&Ms and we just sat around eating and trying to guess the flavors (I knew I was terrible at guessing flavors and this proved true). Apparently the new green apple Skittles are gross but I like them and think they taste pretty much like the rest. And now I should go to bed so I don't sleep through my 8AM!

Day 1040 Song Recommendation: "Dear Younger Me" by Mercyme. 
Day 1041 Song Recommendation: "Ever Be" by Bethel Music. 

-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts