Two Scoops, Two Cones Kind of Day

     Today the world might just be on my side. I woke up at 8AM for my 8AM class, threw on some clothes, and fast-walked to class. When I got to the building I saw two guys from my class coming out of it and a girl who was also late going over to the one guy and talking to him so I went over and the girl was like "Wait are you in our class?" (and the class is small, but whatever. I don't mind being invisible). But anyway, it turns out that the professor sent out an email late last night saying that class was canceled because of an unforeseen emergency!! Which is awful for her, but it helped my day feel less crappy.
     Then tonight at spag I met some bona fide nuns!!! At first I thought that they were dressed up in costumes...oops. Shows what a bad Catholic I am. After spag I went back to my dorm and watched {The And} YouTube videos at DL's suggestion before meeting Haley to get ice cream at Stella's Scoops after her soccer game. She'd met a girl on her team who stayed with us while we got ice cream and it turned out that the girl was the same girl who I'd emailed about being roommates and had said that she'd already found someone all those months ago...I recognized her because she has a really unique name but she didn't recognize me so I didn't mention it. She was really nice though and maybe we'll end up being friends! Which would be so hilarious and ironic and coincidental and weird.
     Anyway, when I was ordering my ice cream I ordered a scoop of mint chocolate chip and a scoop of rocky road in a waffle cone and the guy scooping asked if I wanted both in a waffle cone and I said yes and he gave me each scoop in a separate waffle cone. I was too shocked to tell him that that wasn't what I meant so I just took the ice cream, laughing, and ate it like the fatty I am (although I didn't eat the second waffle cone...I just ate the ice cream out of it with a spoon).
     After we got back to the dorm, Haley went to bed and I went back to my room and then Melissa got back from Cru and texted us asking if we wanted to talk so she and I got together (minus sleeping Haley) and talked in the fourth floor study lounge for a while (about nuns and crushes and our days) and around 11:45 I started talking about high school and how weird it is that we know these people for 12 years and then never see them again and they just occupy this little section, this little corner of our lives and we'll always remember them as they were in high school even when we're grown up and then I cut myself off because...well, it was getting late. And I didn't want to go all the way down the path of nostalgia at such an hour. But it is weird to think about, that the Dannys and Camerons and Bryces and Lindsays of our past will remain forever eighteen in our collective memories. They won't age with us but instead fade into Johnny and Sue and then into nothing. Not to be depressing...but it's the way of the world. Old things die so that new ones can take their place. 'Tis the nature of existence.

Quote of the Day: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."-Jesus

Day 1035 Song Recommendation: "Hey Child" by Korbee.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts