Friends Don't Help Shopping Addictions


Today was a really great day. Swag came home and to say that I was happy about that is an understatement. I was hoping that my class was going to fly by but it didn't. When I got home I felt butterflies and excitement. You know you're true friends with someone when you still get giddy about seeing them. Even if it's only barely been a month. I know a month seems to be a while to not see someone. I text Swag everyday and she sends an odd picture of herself fifty percent of the time. Today was proof that texting is not the same as being with someone. There's something that you don't have when just texting someone. 
While in my morning class I wondered if Swag had changed at all? I really should have been paying attention to the lecture but oh well. When I finally found her she looked different and yet didn't. We went to the Dixie which was kind of a mistake. Long story. Her face lit up when she spoke. The kind of face that you can't help but smile at. It was nice to see that. After that we went to the Steam n' Craft show that was currently going on. It was weird to be around so many people that you knew in high school. Especially people that you graduate with. We only stayed there for about fifteen minutes before going to Walmart. One of the things that people ask me is, "Why do you like Walmart so much?" I have no idea. There's something about it. It has everything you need for cheap. Heck they have Hallmark ornaments for seven bucks. The bad part about this is that you buy crap you don't need. Normally when I'm by myself I can control what I'm doing. Not with Swag though. This is what I bought.
  • A giant dry erase board. (I already had one). 
  • Picture frames. (I have no idea where I am going to hang them).
  • Another journal for Swag, DL and I. Because it was the same brand as the one we are currently writing in. I guess this one kind of made sense. Yet I have two other journals we could use.
  • A shirt for Swag to wear on Halloween.
  • Swag almost made me buy a hair thing that looked awful. I probably have lice now.
The infamous shirt. 
You won't even believe that it glows in the dark.

I don't know how much of this I would have bought if Swag wasn't there. She would say, 'just buy it.' For someone reason it felt right when she said it. If we went shopping together every time I would be broke. More broke than I already am. After that we went to the movies to see Bridget Jones Baby. About halfway through the movie Swag seemed like she didn't like it. I guess when someone is squirming in the seat means they don't like the movie. The movie was still good the second time. Swag said she liked it but I'm doubting her. 
After the movie Swag had to leave. Of course we had to take a picture to document the day. This took way longer than it should have. Apparently taking a picture in the direct sunlight is difficult. The people in the other car probably thought that we were crazy. Which we are but they don't need to know that.
I'm guessing that this would have been a good picture.

 I wish I could say that it was easier than the first time. I guess in a way it was. I still cried on the way home but now as much as I did the first time. We'll see each other in two month. Right now that seems like an eternity. I know it will probably fly by though. Then we'll be able to be together every single day. She doesn't know that but we will. 
I love you Swag. Be safe.
DFTBA
-AB


Comments

Popular Posts