First Powerhouse

      Have you ever stood in a dark room filled with people singing so loud you can't even hear yourself, betwixt a plethora of fellow students, several of whom were upperclassmen jock boys who were crying?? Because I have. Last night was my first exposure to Messiah College Powerhouse, which is this thing that happens every Thursday night from 8:30-9:30. Basically what it is is like a sing along concert worship service. I don't know how to describe it. There's loud music, tons of voices singing, everyone standing up and crowding around, some people dancing or lifting their hands, some people getting emotional (ie, the three jock guys to my right), all just throwing off inhibitions and worshiping God. It was another one of those "this is where I'm meant to be" moments. I went by myself because my roommates are already swamped with homework, and I almost didn't go at all because I didn't want to look like a loner, but then once I got there, I realized that nobody is paying attention to anything at all besides singing like crazy and just being in the moment. So I stopped caring that I was alone, and just enjoyed singing and worshiping too. While I didn't cry, it was really interesting to see that so many people did. I mean, it was an emotional thing, I just didn't shed any tears, at least not this time. But there's always next Thursday. Anyway, it was a really incredible experience, and I'm glad I put off some of my reading in order to go.

     So far, today has been pretty low key. I went to two of my classes already, and in about 5 minutes I leave for my second shift of work. Eek! I always do this thing in my head where I make something out to be so much more stressful and horrid than it ever actually is, so I'm trying not to do that with work. I literally just stand there and make smoothies and subs, it's not that hard, it's not that stressful, my shifts are really short, and NO ONE IS GOING TO YELL AT ME. If nobody yelled at me on my first shift where I was bumbling around and messed up twice, no one is going to yell at me on my second shift when I know what to do now. I just hope it's not like rush hour or whatever like it was last time, but who knows. It is lunch time...anyway, it's fine, it's really not bad at all. I guess I just have a fear of people thinking I'm bad at stuff. Anyway, I gotta go.

-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts