The NY Times Book Tag

It's my last full day on vacation and right now I'm sulking in my bedroom. The big windows are open and the crisp night air is breezing through. Living without humidity this entire week has made my life. It's basically already fall here with a little bit more sun. It's wonderful. This is why I will always choose the lake over the ocean. Anyway the one thing that I have been doing this entire week is reading. I've been reading and when I'm not reading I'm doing nothing. I don't even feel guilty about it. Now I'm inspired to do a reading tag before I go back to reality and don't do as much of it. *queue me crying*

*DISCLAIMER: I am not going to pick anything Harry Potter because everyone picks Harry Potter. I know it's hard for me to but I'm not going to do it.*

1. What book is on your night stand now?

I actually had to give up my nightstand to make more room for a bookshelf. So it's more like what book is lying on the other side of my bed. I can imagine when I get home that it's going to be The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley because that's what I'm currently reading.

2. What was the last truly great book you read?

Everyone knows that I am not going to pick just one. I'm going to narrow it down to four 2016 reads.

Outlander, Diana Gabaldon- This truly is my favorite book of the year so far. I will never shut up about it. It created a magical feeling that can't be created by many other books. I guess I would compare it to falling in love. I'm just assuming though.

Winter, Marissa Meyer- This book was one of the most stunning ending to a series. I could not put it down. After I was finished reading I felt like I could conquer the world and fall in love all at the same time. It lasted for a while which is pretty impressive. Then I reminded myself I am not Katniss Everdeen/supermodel so that's not going to happen any time soon.

Ruined, Amy Tintera- I read this book when life was pretty crappy. It sucked me in and took me to a completely different world. I was completely okay with that. Everything about this book rocks. It's a winner. It has love, action, diversity, some more love and a stellar cliffhanger. I am so ready for the next book it is not even funny.

The Unexpected Everything, Morgan Matson- Morgan Matson is a genius. She takes book ideas that could be completely cheesy and makes them not cheesy. They're so adorable and at the same time they usually deal with a bigger issue. They just pull you in and you can't leave until the book is over. Then you want more.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you do?

Again not just gonna pick one.

John Green- Eat pizza and talk about philosophical things and make a vlog brothers video.
Stephenie Meyer- Go to Forks and hound her about when the 'sequel' to The Host is coming out.
Morgan Matson- Go on a scavenger hunt, go to a Taylor Swift concert and then have a sleepover. Is that creepy?
Colleen Hoover- Watch trash TV and go book shopping.
Rachel Hollis- Look at her adorable babies, talk about all the books I'm missing out on and talk about life.
Sarah J. Maas- Stare at pictures of Jamie Fraser and talk about her books. Because they are crazy.
Diana Gabaldon- Go to Scotland, meet Sam Hueghan and go on a journey together. Who knows what will happen? I do know that I will ask questions about Outlander.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

I do have a lot of classics. I'm not saying that to brag I'm saying that because I do like them. Whenever we would read a book in school that I really enjoyed I would buy it. I also had a lot English teachers giving me recommendations. I also have one harlequin romance. I don't know if I'll ever read it. It's like that book that you would find on your grandmother's bookshelf and you wonder why someone would publish a book like that.

5. How do you organize your personal library.

If I had enough room I would do it differently. Bookshelf 1: Adult/YA Contemporary, Bookshelf 2: YA Contemporary/YA Scifi and Dsytopia. Bookshelf 3: YA Fantasy Bookshelf 4: Random.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?

The Percy Jackson Series. I totally missed the bandwagon. I read the first one and honestly I didn't feel the want to read the second one. Also basically anything that has been on TBR for more than one year.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you are supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

Roses, Leila Meacham. The beginning of this book was stellar and then it got to the middle of the book. It was beyond depressing and I just didn't want to finish it. It got to the point where I just didn't care anymore.

8. What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

I love time travel, romance, paranormal, historical fiction. I hate scary or psychological thrillers. I'm just not a fan of those stories. I hate being scared or creep out. I don't understand why people like that.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?

Wow, I have to think about that. Probably any Jodi Picoult book. Especially an ignorant/pompous presidential candidate. Just saying.

10. What do you plan to read next?

Probably the Wrath and the Dawn by Rene Ahdieh. That book has been on my TBR way to long.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts