Quotes for Thought

     I always love the feeling at the end of the day when my eyeballs hurt to blink because they've been awake and loving life all day long...AB already summed up the day perfectly so I won't do it again, except to say that it was just really, really nice. The whole day just felt like one big, friendly hug from the world.
     As for forgetting...I know I can never forget these days, these years, and these people. Not because I'm feeling sentimental, although that's part of it. But because they are a part of me. They wormed their slimy way into my heart James-and-the-Giant-Peach style and they're always gonna be there, even when I'm old and cranky and bitter, sitting on my porch, swatting at flies and waiting to die.
     I feel like this is where I'm like "There's this part in this book that says "blah blah blah"" and that quote will like perfectly encapsulate everything. But I can't think of anything. 
     I stand corrected...The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants never fails me...

"As life changes go, it's really, really big. If you're my dad, you say, "Hey. You'll see each other at Thanksgiving." But if you're me, you realize that life as we've known it is over. Our shared childhood is ending. Maybe we'll never live at home again. Maybe we'll never all live in the same place again. We're headed off to start our real lives. To me that is awe-inspiring, but it is also the single scariest thought in the world."

And also...
"Tibby breathed out, finding inexpressible comfort in her friends' faces. Before her eyes, this night had transformed into a gift of reassurance. This was the future. Life would get busier and more varied, populated both by beautiful things and unfortunate circumstances. If their friendship demanded exclusivity or solitude, it couldn't work. If it required that everything go as planned, it would turn brittle, and ultimately it would break. On the other hand, she knew that if they could be flexible and big, if they could encompass change, then they would make it." 

And also...
"The crying started for each of us around then. It was inevitable. It was like that feeling of being outside in a rainfall without a raincoat or umbrella. You fight getting wet for a while and then you just surrender to it and realize it feels pretty nice. You wonder, why do we fight the things we fight when giving in to them isn't so bad at all?"

     Ann Brashares is my writing idol. She is like...the cream of the crop...the golden standard...the (other expression that means the same thing that I can't think of). She just gets it. In a way that makes me feel almost worried that she reads my innermost thoughts and feelings and puts them to words...
The last time I read the third TSotTP (where the quotes were taken from), I was in like 9th or 10th grade probably so I thought I understood the whole going-off-to-college thing but I feel like I definitely did not. Not like I do now at least. It's funny how books can mean different things to you at different stages in your life. 

Quote of the Day: "It wants love but it's too scared...that's all of us deep down."-DL talking about the stray cat at Lions Club park. 

Day 998 Song Recommendation: "Loud Pipes" by Ratatat.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts