Love, Rosie: Movie Review
If I recall correctly, about a year ago I made a post about upcoming movies that I wanted to see, and the movie Love, Rosie was among that list. Now I've actually seen the movie, and I can say that it pretty much lived up to my expectations. I wasn't expecting some perfect beautiful end-all-be-all love story, but I was expecting a cute, heartwarming RomCom, and that is what I got. I liked the movie a lot, in fact. My few problems with it are mostly the fact that SO MANY PROBLEMS COULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED if they'd just kept it in their pants. So many less people would have gotten hurt if they hadn't been so gosh darn horny. There, I said it. That being said, my other problem was that they took two mid twenties actors and made them portray people from ages 18 to mid 30s!!!! I know it's better than hiring several sets of actors that don't actually look anything like each other, but still. An 18 year old with a spectacularly chiseled jaw line and a 35 year old with a spectacularly smooth and unwrinkled face? Nuh uh, not buying it. But still, they did their best. I thought it was a really charming, cute story, made even more charming and cute by the likes of the beautiful Sam Claflin and the lovely Lilly Collins. I would give the movie 7/10 stars. It also had a very energetic soundtrack and a great color scheme. And the cute romantic parts were very cute and romantic, which was enjoyable. Go watch it now. It's on YouTube. It's also based on a book, so I would be interested to see how true to the book the movie was. I feel like the story line probably fits film better than it does literature, but what do I know. The book could be ten times more fantastic and I wouldn't know it until I read it. Also, British people! Also, Rosie's hair at the end! Also, the hotel she owns at the end (sorry for spoilers)!!! The movie was very aesthetically pleasing. Wow, I'm completely spastic at reviewing movies. I'm very sorry. It was good. It reminded me of a more grown up version of Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Which reminds me that I really want to watch that movie again, teehee. I guess what I liked best was that even though they obviously loved each other and obviously wanted to be together and were obviously upset that the world was keeping them apart, they didn't just wallow in the injustice of it all. The went on with their lives and just made things work even when they weren't ideal. And that was admirable. And then, of course, the ended up together anyway, despite the fact that they didn't spend every waking hour mooning over each other and searching high and low for each other. So I guess it just goes to show that if something is meant to be, it will be, no matter how many roadblocks get set up in the way.

-VaughnDL

-VaughnDL

Comments
Post a Comment