A World of Sadness

     The world is hurting me today. It's just been one of those days where I've heard and experienced too many sad or disappointing things and I kind of just want to sleep forever until I forget about them. We said goodbye to SR because he leaves for college tomorrow, which was of course sad, and a reminder that we'll soon have to say goodbye to everyone else as well. My Dad's cousin died yesterday after a two year battle with breast cancer that spread to her brain. Sadly, the daughter of my dad's cousin was in a car accident on the way to the hospital, so she didn't get to see her mother before she died, and is now in the hospital herself with broken ribs. A boy I went to school with and a boy that went to church with me when I was little were both arrested and given time in prison for attempted robbery, and the boy who went to my church has a baby son that I just met for the first time last week. I hadn't seen him in years, and then just last week I saw him and his son, and now he's in prison. Those are just a small sampling of all the sad things that are happening in the world around me right now. The world, and all the weight it carries, hurts very badly. Today especially. I think I need to have a good cry. About everything. I have a bunch of emotions that I need to cleanse myself of somehow. I don't know. I don't know what to do with this information. I don't know how to process the massive, crippling sadness in the world. I don't know how to change it. I don't know how to address it. I don't know anything, because I'm so small and powerless. But at the same time, I believe in a God that is the reliever of pain, the great comforter. I believe that the sadness in this world has a purpose, even if I will never understand what it is until I see God face to face. So that's what I will cling to for now.

MF just brought me popcorn!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is beauty within the bleakness! I really needed that. Just seeing a friendly face bringing me delicious popcorn has improved my spirits already. Life is so strange and imbalanced. Hope I haven't depressed you all too much.

-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts