Pre-Orientation

     Welp I'm in Philly! Pleased to report that I still like campus, even with all the random, ugly construction work going on. Hopefully most of it gets finished by August. There's a surprising number of students on campus considering it's the middle of the summer. I wonder what they're all doing. So far everyone's been very nice. I'm getting used to the sketchy parts around the edges of campus. They don't bother me as much. I think I'm just more used to the city in general after spending several weeks in cities over the last two months. Philly in July is also much more pleasant than Philly in February, when it's freezing cold and the wind is blowing at a steady 40 miles per hour...

     Once we got here and checked into the hotel my aunt, mom, and I decided to go to the bookstore while my grandma read her book but it was closed so we just walked around campus and then came back to the hotel and read our books for a while before going to dinner. For dinner we went to Pita Chip which is basically a Mediterranean Chipotle. I got a falafel pita wrap...it was great. I will definitely be going back. Now we're just hanging out in the hotel room. Early start tomorrow...check-in for orientation starts at 7:45AM. I have no idea what we're doing so that's cool! I'm embracing having no idea what's happening with my life...


Day 970 Song Recommendation: "Boogie Shoes" by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. 

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts