Pre-Mission Trip 2016

My list of things to pack.

Did this week even happen? Is it really almost over? I expected this week to be the calm before the storm. It was anything but that. I've tried to write posts about this week but it didn't work out. They all were to depressing. Tomorrow we are leaving for Indiana on my last Mission Trip. That's part of the reason that it's been so hectic. I've been more rude than I have nice this week and to everyone I'm sorry. Then chaos with college scheduling happened and it seemed doomed. It resulted in me crying in my car. It worked out don't worry. There was compromising. Then I got cellulitis. I always, always get cellulitis the week before the mission trip. Except this happened half way through the week.

All I could think about is how it wasn't going to heal before the mission trip. It was Wednesday and we leave on Saturday. I did the math that's not enough time. That I would be that girl with cellulitis again. Then my doctor wasn't in town so he wasn't able to prescribe my medicine. Which means that I had to go to the doctor's office to see a different doctor. It was pointless. Then that took a day away from taking medication. The cellulitis definitely wouldn't be gone by Saturday. I sat there for about an hour waiting for the doctor. Then when she came in she looked at my leg.

"It's cellulitis," she nodded. "You need to come back in a week to check on it."

I will be on a mission trip, not here. But thank you, thank you for telling me what I already knew. I sat here for an hour for no reason. Then she prescribed the same medicine that I would have taken if my doctor was here. I wanted to bang my head against the wall. Then today I woke up, took the medication and ate breakfast. About a few minutes after eating I felt nauseous, I couldn't believe it. For the first time in forever my medication for cellulitis was making me nauseous. Why God? I was waiting for it to go away but it wouldn't. You know that feeling where you feel like you have to throw up but you won't? That's what it felt like. Finally after laying in bed for a while I fell asleep with a pillow over my face and a trashcan next to me. Just in case my stomach gave up. I don't know why laying a pillow over my face was comforting but it was. I woke up to my mom shaking me. Luckily the feeling was gone but I was exhausted. We had to go shopping for the mission trip. I didn't have clothes or anything important. I am a procrastinator so I hadn't started packing whatsoever. Shopping was miserable. I'll just leave it at that. Now I'm taking a break from an hour and a half of packing to write this blog post. I'm so glad that this isn't my first mission trip. I would have no idea what to pack or how to pack it. I would say by now for myself I am a pro. There has been a lot of trial and error though.

  • Pack more clothes than you need. Better safe than sorry. I will gladly lug around extra clothes if it means that I will have enough for the week.
  • Don't bring makeup, this whole week is make up free. It takes up extra space.
  • Bring aspirin.
  • Don't forget a belt!
  • Bring stuff to do at night.
  • Don't bring to many books. I never listen to this one. 
  • Comfort is everything.
Clearly I know what I'm doing.

The before.


The somewhat after.


There is no way I am going to read all of this. You never know though.



 I had a whole plan of what I was going to say for this blog post but my brain is dead. Completely fried. I wish that I was excited for my last mission trip but to be honest I am not. I am going into unknown territory. I am jumping in the deep end so to speak. I don't know the people who are going that well, Melissa isn't coming this year, we aren't going to the south etc. I'm overwhelmed and in over my head. Everything that has happened this week has told me that this isn't going to work out. That this is just a disaster waiting to happen. I am praying to God though that it is the exact opposite. That I will be pleasantly surprised and get that same feeling that I do every year. 

On a good note though Swag is back! Unfortunately I won't be able to see her for a while. Or any of my friends for that matter. I'm trying to be positive. I know I don't sound like it but please believe me when I say that I'm trying. That being said I won't be able to post on the blog. I'm laughing right now. Oh my goodness. I wish I could have something inspirational or wise to say but I don't. Talk to me when the week is over. 

DFTBA
-AB



Comments

Popular Posts