Music Saves the Day

     I actually have time to blog today before midnight! Twice before midnight!! 

     So yesterday when we were driving in the car to Cortona, JP wanted to listen to ABBA so my aunt reluctantly put it on, blaming my uncle for "corrupting him". They kept making jokes about how I was going to run home and tell my dad that I was forced to listen to ABBA for an hour while driving through the Italian countryside...I just laughed...but the truth is, I have the whole "Best of ABBA" soundtrack on my iPod...and I knew every song that was played on the carride. And I enjoyed it. But I decided not to admit that I like bad Swedish 70s pop music. Sometimes I like to keep some things to myself. Okay, I keep a lot of things to myself. But still. Actually, the truth is I enjoy things more if I don't say I'm enjoying it. It's a character flaw. 

     Anyway, then we were having lunch this afternoon and JP was having a fit because his parents were making him eat real food before he could have gelato but I was having a great time looking out at the little town square because the sound of "No No No" by Beirut was drifting out of the restaurant, as well as Dave Matthews and other familiar American bands and I was just in my zone. 
     I think the reason why my mood is much improved since this morning is because I actually got a lot of "alone time" today where I could just sit in bed and read or go out on the balcony and write and listen to music. I need time alone in order to be able to spend time with other people and not want to stab my eardrums out. 
     Anyway, I think that's all for today. 

Day 955 Song Recommendation: "Mamma Mia" by ABBA. 

-SE Wagner  

Comments

Popular Posts