Last Day in Tuscany

     I just spent almost twenty minutes hand washing my underwear because I don't have any clean ones for tomorrow and we don't have a washer here. But we'll have one tomorrow in Florence. Thank goodness. My clean clothes supply is dwindling. Ah, the joys of traveling. I don't regret only bringing a carry-on though. It's been blissful. 
     Today we went to a natural hot springs pool in the morning and the water was so warm!! It felt like taking a bath. I could barely even swim in it because the water just makes your muscles go all jello-y and you can hardly move you're so relaxed. But since it was about 80 degrees outside the 100-some degree pool water started to feel a little too hot after a while so I spent most of the time just reading my book. 

     After the pool, we ate lunch at the one restaurant in town and then headed back to the hotel for a few hours, where I read and wrote and texted and people-watched from my balcony perch. Then we went to my aunt's friend's place for one last dinner before we leave tomorrow. It was a nice time and the conversation was interesting again. I guess they just had to get the work/politics talk out of their systems.
 
     And that's about all. 
     AB is right: I've been neglecting the quote of the day. But I have two to make up for it. 

Quotes of the Day: 
"They're about $200 a pair. Not expensive." -Bridget, talking about a shoe company. Her idea and my idea of "not expensive" are clearly two very different things. 
"When you start teaching, don't smile for the first three months."-Fanny's parting words of advice for me. 

Day 956 Song Recommendation:  "Color Decay" by Júníus Meyvant. 

-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts