First Impressions

     Ally talked about her relationship with her brother in her last blog post, which is kind of coincidental, because my post today is sort of about me and my brother's relationship too! A perhaps little known fact about me is that I love impressions. My love for impressions stems from my enjoyment and appreciation of stand up comedy, which is something I don't talk about that much because I'm pretty certain that not many of my friends enjoy stand up or impressions as much as I do. There is one person, however, who shares my enthusiasm for impressions and comedy, and that is my brother. Honestly, I think the thing that we bond over the most, especially within the last three or so years, is our shared love of stand up comedy, impressions, Saturday Night Live, and stupid internet memes. Many a night in the Vaughn household is filled with Noob and I splayed out on my bed watching meme compilations on YouTube or scrolling through screenshots of funny pictures that we've saved, and many an afternoon is spent sitting on the couch vegging out in front of an episode of SNL. Recently, we discovered a new show we love, which is called First Impressions with Dana Carvey. It's a game show where three people compete in different challenges while speaking in impressions, and then the audience votes on who they think is the best at impressions and the winner gets $10,000. I probably didn't explain that very well, so here's a trailer. 


     Anyway, we binged watched the first season together, and now we can't stop talking about (and in) impressions. My brother is honestly really talented at impressions, and I try my best but I'm nowhere near as good as him. He can do Morgan Freeman, Obama, Christopher Walken, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Adam Sandler, and tons more I can't think of right now. I can do Miranda Sings, Minnie Mouse (kinda), the narrator from the computer game "I Love House Pets" (don't ask)  and according to AB, I can do The Waterboy (although my brother does it way better). Anyway, so we've been walking around the house for a week doing impressions and stuff and it's been great. I honestly think that my brother could go on that show and win, or at least put up a good fight. We've always talked about how he should be a stand up comedian or try out for SNL. He's seriously a funny dude. And lots of the contestants on First Impressions didn't try out or anything; they were discovered on social media! So like, my brother could actually have a chance if he posted a video or something. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but I just think it's fun to think about, and it's fun to have something like this to share with my brother.
     So yeah. You should totally watch this show (you can watch it on the USA app) or watch clips on YouTube. It's great. Some of the contestants are WICKED talented.

-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts