Everything's Gonna Be All Right

     You know that thing I said about there maybe being a bit of "city girl" in me? Well I checked my Temple email tonight and saw that I'd gotten this email a few days ago:
     All I can say is that at least they email you when someone gets shot...
     Then I looked online at the schedule for orientation and saw that we'll be eating four meals in the cafeteria and then I thought about me standing there with a cafeteria tray full of nasty food looking totally lost, wondering where to sit, with that panicky, I'm-about-to-burst-into-tears feeling in my chest and all of a sudden college didn't seem so appealing. But then I forced myself to stop jumping to the worst conclusion. To stop jumping to any conclusions and just enjoy being on vacation. I'll worry about college and cafeterias and avoiding shootings when I need to worry about them. For now, I'm sitting on a couch in Florence reading a good book, without a care in the world. I need to just be happy with that. 

     Today my aunt and I went out together and went to two museums and saw some 15th century frescos and the statue of David by Michelangelo and got pizza for lunch. Then we met up with my uncle and JP and JP and I got some gelato (JP got a banana split and didn't eat any of the banana and I got a fruit salad topped with pistachio and vanilla gelato, strawberry sorbet, a crap ton of whipped cream, and two little wafer cookies). Florence Fifteen, here I come...
Then we walked around some more and went into the Duomo and the baptistery before heading home. Not sure what we're doing tomorrow but hopefully another busy day...it makes the time go by faster. 



Day 958 Song Recommendation: "Rabbit Heart" by Florence + the Machine. 

-SE Wagner 


Comments

Popular Posts