Enough for Me

Friday Favourites: Creative Market — Beautiful Simplicity >> Comparison is the thief of joy:      This morning my mom asked if I wanted to go for a walk with her so I was like "Uhhh sure" and then I was like "How far?" and she was like "Three or four miles" and I was like "Uhhhh." But it was actually fun and four miles didn't feel that long and it hadn't gotten too hot out yet and I enjoyed myself. So I was feeling pretty good about myself for walking four miles...until I found out that a friend of mine had run twelve. TWELVE MILES!!! RUNNING!!! FOR FUN!!! I was a little salty, to say that least. Who runs for fun? Who runs twelve miles for fun? That's almost a half marathon!!! FOR PLEASURE!!! Largely known fact about me: I hate running. I've tried to like it and I've tried to be good at it but I can't and I'm not. Anyway, I was thinking it was pretty unfair that some of us just get this mutated gene that allows us to love exercising and then I thought that I will never ever be enough if I keep on comparing myself to other people. No, I can't run twelve miles. Do I even want to? No, not really. That's totally impractical. I mean, think about how many pairs of sneakers you must go through...Plus, I mean, think about how fit you must be. Who even wants that? But to be serious...yeah, I can't run twelve miles but I can walk four and that's better than none and that should be good enough for me. As they say, comparison is the thief of joy. I'll never be enough compared to everyone else but maybe one day I can be enough for myself. 

Day 969 Song Recommendation: "Close to You" by Elmore.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts