Dear Computer

       We've had the same sub-par, not that fancy, not that fast computer since I was in about 6th or 7th grade. In the era of temporary technology, that is a looooong time to have the same computer, especially considering how much we use it. It's our only computer, and none of us have tablets (although everyone in my family does have an iPhone, but even that is fairly recent). We use the same computer for my dad's business as well as personal use and school work. Everything, basically. Recently, however, it's been glitching and acting super weird and basically behaving like it could break down any minute. So I've decided to write my dear old computer a letter:

Dear Computer,

     You've been pretty okay. You're not touch screen. You're not very big. You only have Microsoft Office 2007, but that's always been good enough for me. It was on you that I discovered the wonders of NigaHiga, Julian Smith, and WKUK. It was on you that I played endless rounds of Purble Place and Diner Dash and Build-a-Lot. It was on you that I wrote many a last minute English essay. We've had good times, you and me. But now you're elderly, and getting decrepit, and that's not cool with me. You want to know why?? Because I am a colossally lazy slob, and therefore have literally thousands of pictures tucked tightly into your storage space. And they're all super important to me. Every single one. Screenshots of Buzzfeed Quiz results? Important! Selfies my friends took on my phone when I wasn't looking? IMPORtant! Pictures of attractive celebrities from Bing images? IMPORTANT!  And I don't have a hard drive to put them on and my flashdrive is way too small. Do you understand what I'm getting at?? You cannot die on me right now! I have too many memories in you! Please limp along at least until I gather the wherewithal to somehow transfer all my pictures onto something else. I beg you. And then I'll let you slip into cyber heaven, peacefully. And I'll miss you, but probably not that bad since literally anything else would be an upgrade. But don't think that doesn't mean I appreciate you. You are a solid, hardworking computer. You're not top of the line, but you're not bottom of the line either. You, my friend, are wholly average. You get the job done. And I thank you for that. Now pull up your boot straps and keep going until I get a harddrive or something. Thank you.

-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts