Dads Are the Original Hipster
So once again I found another amazingly random tumblr blog. It's called Dads Are the Original Hipster, and it's literally just a bunch of photos (many submitted by blog followers) of people's dads looking adorably hipster and old school. Here's a sampling of some of the hardcore hipster dads that some people have submitted:
My Dad:
My Pappy:
My Pop:
There's this lovely hipster couple getting married under a tree and with a flower crown like the ultimate hipster couple.
There's this bearded hipster dad who would give Ron Swanson a run for his money.
There's this crew of college buddies looking hipster in their tastefully too big glasses and the occasional mustache. And I have to mention that the guy doing the beer stacking looks just like this guy I went to school with!!
I think this caption aays it all LOL.
I think it's safe to say this couple homeschooled their children. How very #hipster.
After perusing the very entertaining archives of hipster dads from back in the day, I decided to see if I could find any pictures of my own dad and grandfathers that could be considered "hipster". Here's what I found.
Overall, I don't think my dad could ever be described as being a hipster, except maybe for the fact that he works with wood a lot. I did however find this adorable photo of him wearing a sweater (a hipster hallmark) and carrying a boom box "ironically". And everyone knows that doing something ironically, especially when it's music related, is always oh so very hipster.
My Pappy was also not hipster, although he did live up in the mountains and I'm pretty sure he would have enjoyed a good Scotch, maybe an expensive hipstery scotch. But I must say, his outfit choice in this particular photo is on point with the hipster aesthetic. Wacky 70s print matched with terra cotta brown pants? Heck I'd wear this outfit. You get it Pappy!
Surprisingly, my Pop was definitely the most hipster of all the dads in my family. Just look at that beard!!!!!! That thing is stellar! And taking a picture in a photo booth before photo booths were popular (now they're in literally every mall ever) ? What a trendsetter you are Pop!
My pop also grew his own "organic" crops and vegetables and harvested them himself. How much more hipster can you get?? The funny thing is that if I told my pop he was a hipster, he'd probably give me a very strange look and say something along the lines of "what for goofiness are you talking about now?"
This picture of my pop doesn't really have anything particularly hipster about it (except maybe the sideburns) but I just thought I'd include it because it's the most adorable photo on the planet!!!!! (Actually, I take that back! This might be the ultimate hipster photo cuz I'm pretty sure it was a Polaroid! Although you can't tell since I cropped it). Anyway, it's just the cutest picture ever and that little girl is my mom!
So there you have it folks. Dads of all shapes and sizes are actually the original hipsters!! Who knew.
-VaughnDL











Comments
Post a Comment