Cats. Are. Terrible.

Excuse my language but this is bullshit.
Swag's title for her blog post was perfect. I feel exactly the same way. I thought today would just be another normal carefree day. I was wrong. I told myself this morning that I wasn't going to go anywhere today. I am sick of driving on the highway and there didn't seem like any reason to go home. For a few hours it was peaceful and quiet. I read The Unexpected Everything for a few hours and then got up to get a glass a water. When I went to the kitchen I saw that the back door was open. I was warned that the back door is hard to shut. I thought that I shut it completely when I went came back inside from that morning. I saw three cats outside. There are four cats. I let them back inside and looked frantically for the fourth one. I convinced myself that there was no way that the cat ran away. It just wasn't possible. As I searched the entire house for this stupid cat I was completely oblivious to one of the dogs. I looked and looked and couldn't find the cat. I went back outside to the fenced year and found a small opening in the fence. I wanted to scream. I ran back inside and grabbed my car keys and started looking around the neighborhood. Nothing. By the time I got back to the house I was nearly in tears. So I did what any responsible adult would do. Called my mother. Of course my mom was at work and there was nothing that she could do. It was either call my mom or the crazy cat/dog lady. I wanted to call my mom more. I pray to God that she didn't hear me almost crying. She tried to calm me down and told me that the cat would come back eventually. I kept thinking about how I was going to have to call the crazy cat lady and tell her that her cat ran away. How do you say that to someone? The woman would have had a conniption. It felt like a total disaster. After hanging up with my mom I started to get angry at God for my own fault. I was trying to make the best of this whole situation. I started to not care that the house was a disaster, that there was to many animals to take care of, That I could do this. Why was he doing this to me? Was this a slap to the face for not listening to my gut a few weeks earlier? In reality I knew that God wasn't doing this to me and he wasn't slapping me in the face. I was sobbing though, I felt terrible. Then I got angry with myself. All I could do was wait. I had done everything that I could. I put my face in my hands and kept crying. I didn't even care that I looked like a baby. When I pulled my head up you won't believe what I saw.
It was the damn cat.
You would have thought that I was happy but I wasn't. I kept crying out of hysteria. My heart slowed to a normal rate and I could calm down. After I took a drink of water I was going back to the living room and you won't believe what else I saw. A giant pile of puke. I wanted to scream. Solomon, the golden retriever had somehow gotten into the cat food and ate a bunch of it. As I cleaned it up and walked around the house I noticed that it was all over the house. I took a deep breath and didn't say anything. Yelling, screaming or crying wasn't going to do anything. I just told myself to clean it up and take the shower. I knew that I needed to get out of the house.
"You need a pick me up," I said to myself in the shower.
I absolutely did. So I went to the nearest place that I knew would bring me joy. The bookstore. I bought a book and a new bookmark. Even though I absolutely don't need a book whatsoever. Then I ate lunch and sat in the food court trying to organize my thoughts.

Now I'm home and exhausted. Even with NyQuil I'm still not sleeping well at the house. At the same time if I sleep here then I definitely won't sleep tonight. I am so happy to be home though after this week I am not leaving. Next week I will be home the entire week. Because the week after that is the Mission Trip and right now I am not psyched for it. Not the way that other people are. I want to sleep in my bed, do nothing and not have to worry if a cat is running away. I don't know why I wanted another dog. This is miserable.


DFTBA
-AB

Quote of the day:

"What if they have fleas?" My mom when I came home yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts