A Better Day


Solomon and I just got back from a sweaty walk. It was worth it because of how happy he was. Last night my mom texted and asked if I wanted to go to a yard sale in my grandparents development. Of course I wanted to do anything that got me out of the house. The only problem was waking up at five thirty to get ready. The beginning of the morning was a blur. I got up and got ready as fast as I could. I soon realized that I wasn't going to have time to take a shower in brushed my teeth. I grabbed everything I could and hoped for the best. As I was leaving I noticed that the cats were in the bathroom. They were drinking out of the toilet. By this point it was six in the morning. I pushed them off the toilet and shut the lid. I prayed that the doors were all shut and everything was all off as I left. I knew that I looked like a mess when I got home. I felt disgusting from being in the house all of yesterday and I took another shower. Nothing can compare to your own shower. After that we left. The drive there was interesting. My mom and I are two different type of drivers. Mom is hell hath no fury. I am the type that tries to be as safe as possible. Yard sales are always packed though and it irritates my mom. Basically she does what she wants and scares me. I had a headache by the end of the day. 
While we were shopping I saw a Free Library. I have wanted to have a Little Library for a long time. It seems like such a good idea. I got really nerdy when I saw it. Luckily the people who owned the house weren't having a yard sale. I was getting a little to excited.


Hopefully the book is good. After that I found some more books and a Vera Bradley book bag. I don't understand how someone could not love yard sales. In my family it's kind of like a religion. We take it very seriously. Every year we used to have a yard sale at my Aunt and Uncle's house. It was a big deal. Everyone would take off work and clear their schedule to be there. My grandmother would bake things to sell, my cousin and I would take stuff that our parents tried to sell of ours. The drive way and the garage would be filled with stuff to sell. Not because we needed it but because we wanted it. My brother, cousins and I would run around the neighborhood buying stuff that we didn't need. My uncle would cook hot dogs and burgers while wearing a ridiculous chef hat. Sometimes he would take his famous scary Halloween mask to scare people. We would have to walk around the neighborhood to sell my grandmother's apple dumplings. We would carry them on lunch trays with milk. The worst part was that you weren't allowed to eat any of them. You just prayed that there was some by the end of the day. There never was because everyone loved them. So Nana would bake my favorite cookies and we would hide them all from our parents. We ate way to much on that day. Unfortunately we don't do it anymore. We do go to yard sales together now. This weekend is my grandmothers. It was kind of a hit and miss. Not as many people were having yard sales this year. Luckily I was able to find some things.


 I wish that I could say that I bought this for my younger cousins. I would be lying though. I bought this for myself. I think I will be forever obsessed with Nancy Drew. 


This actually a Christmas ornament. I know that it probably won't be on the tree. It looks to cool in front of Dorothy Must Die series. 

I also got some more books and obviously the bag that I was talking about. Overall it was a successful yard sale day. Afterwards I got back to Nana's yard sale. We sold all of our stuff and got to eat some apple dumplings. They were delicious as always. It was a pretty hot day and we were all becoming tired. We had a good time though. Now I'm trying not to fall asleep right now. We all know why. Only two more days. Two more days. My family was laughing so hard when I told them about what has happened this week. Well it was definitely memorable. I'm just praying that everything goes smoothly until Sunday. 

Quotes of the day:

"They can't decide if they're going to crap on the toilet or just sit there." -My mom on all of the other drivers during the yard sale.
"If they only pay you five dollars for this week I will go yell at them." -Nana
"Cats carry all types of diseases," -Nana
"Wait, they don't have a washer or dryer?"-Nana
"I think you would like it," my grandfather trying to get me to read a book about Amish people.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts