Five Shots

     Yesterday was my brother's and my graduation party. My family does this thing where when we have to get ready for any semi important event, we passive aggressively go at each other's throats. It's pretty awesome. Not really. Basically what I'm saying is that we all get in a really bad mood right before something fun. Thankfully, it always wears off by the time the fun thing actually starts. Yesterday was no exception. Just be glad you weren't in our house (which at the time was lacking air conditioning ((we have it back now thank goodness))) when we were getting everything ready for the party. I'll admit I was a huge part of the drama, because I was so miserably hot, and not feeling well at all and none of my laundry is clean so I was wearing a less than beautiful outfit (which shouldn't have been a big deal but of course was). So I was being super annoying I'm sure. Anyway. Once the actual party started it was fun and relaxed. I feel bad at mixed company parties because I don't know who to talk to. Should I talk to my family? My friends? People from my church? I tried to do all of that but I don't know how well I succeeded. And partway through I kind of gave up and just hung out with my friends. Anyway. I still had a good time, and hopefully everyone else did too.
     Then today, I had to go to the doctor's office for the first time in literally thirteen years (I live a garbage lifestyle, I understand this) for my college physical. All went well, except perhaps the part where I had to get FIVE shots. Which was dumb and not fun but actually didn't hurt that bad. But now my whole right arm is feeling weird. Like every time I lift it up it gets super tired and just wants to be put  back down. That's how it feels after I give blood though, so it's probably nothing. Turns out I have to go back to the doctors two more times before leaving for college though, to get the results of some test and to get second rounds of shots for two of my vaccines. See, that's how they get you. They're like "oh you haven't been here in years? Now you're never gonna leave." Jk jk. It wasn't that bad. I just think the doctors is boring, and they never tell me anything I don't know. Like I had to give them the paper from Messiah College to fill out, and it was just questions about my health that I totally could have answered on my own. But whatevs.
     Now I'm at home and I'm in a bad mood. So I'll stop this here before I start projecting my moodiness onto you lovely people.

-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts