Dog Days

3PM:
     Confession time: I don't like animals. I'm sorry, but I don't. I feel like that makes me a bad person but I can't help it. I mean, I like puppies and kittens for limited periods of time but in general I don't like animals.
     Today has been a perfect example of why exactly I don't like animals.
The bikers. This picture looks stalker-ish because it was.
     The photographer was supposed to come at 10:30 this morning but he was 20 minutes early...luckily I was already headed out the door with Maggie. Both my parents were working and TJ was going biking with some friends and I obviously didn't want to be home alone while some guy walked around my house taking pictures but I also didn't want to leave Maggie there because she gets way too excited to meet new people. Anyway, so I drove to Veteran's Park and did the mile loop with Maggie who pulled the whole time and was generally annoying but it had only been about half an hour by the time we finished so I drove to Misty Meadows and used my emergency gas money to get a scoop of chocolate ice cream for my breakfast/lunch (shh no one has to know). After I finished eating I drove home and saw that the guy's truck was still in the driveway so I kept driving past my house and decided to go to Old Forge for a bit. Apparently they were having a bike race in Smithsburg because about 20 bikers being escorted by motorcycles and police cars came by so I had to pull over to let them pass.
     When we got to Old Forge Maggie was somehow still super hyper but I just wanted to sit down so I sat down on the grass under a tree and put Maggie's leash around my arm and she proceeded to jerk my arm out of its socket and run circles around me so that the leash got wrapped around my waist and squeezed my guts. So then I was like "Ugh fine, we'll go for another walk" so we walked a loop around the school and came back to the playground. By then I'd texted MF and DL to whine about my predicament and DL told me to find the carving she and MR had made so I walked around for a bit looking at the trees before giving up...but DL gave me some more clues and eventually I found it. By then it was noon and I decided to take my chances and go home. Thank goodness the guy had left because I was about to dump Maggie on the side of the road. 
Okay, I like animals when they're calm and snuggly.
     Of course today would be the day I said I would take care of my mom's friend's dogs while they were away...so I drove over there and as soon as I opened the door two huge black labs were jumping all over me, slobbering like crazy, and I couldn't open the sliding door that led to the back yard and the dogs were still going crazy scratching the backs of my legs and I was cursing at the door and holding a ball flinger in one hand...it was a mess. I finally got the door open and Penny and Abe tore off into the yard. Penny just chilled on the porch while I threw Abe a million balls with the ball chucker thing (it's called a ChuckIt, apparently). That thing was a lifesaver because I didn't have to touch the gross, slimy ball. Then out of nowhere another dog came over so now there were three dogs and I was like "I swear if they don't like each other and kill each other...I did not sign up for this!!" But they seemed to be old friends so that was good. After a while Abe finally got tired and took the ball up to the back door so I let them back inside and then spent the next five minutes wandering around the house wondering where the dog food was (it was in the garage).

12 AM:
     Well, after another dog sitting trip (which was much less chaotic than the first) as well as a trip to Walmart and a family dinner at home, I went over to DL's house and watched Adam (which was good but sad), part of Dirty Dancing (which is a timeless classic that is just too easy to make fun of), and the second Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I love those books so much and while the movies are totally different I still love them. When we were watching it I told DL that I appreciated that most of the time the four girls looked pretty ratchet because let's be honest, four typical college-age girls don't look super hot all the time; they look pretty gross and it's okay. It was also the early-2000s and fashion was at an all-time low. The era of shark tooth necklaces, open button-down shirts, frosted tips, and overly-layered outfits. DL and I tried to pick out which character is most like which of our friends but we realized that all of the characters have bits and pieces of all of our friends...which is cool. Anyway, it's pretty late now so I should probably get to sleep.

Quotes of the Day:
"No one can diminish you but yourself"-Carmen Lowell
"If you're feeling lonely in college please do not fill the void with ugly, British stupidos"-DL

Day 938 Song Recommendation: "Grows Old" by Thirdstory.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts