Take a Walk

     After 25 crying emojis over the course of less than an hour, a true friend will tell you to take a walk. Which is just what DL did. So I put on my walking shoes and walked right to her house. It's odd, considering that we live less than two miles away, that we've never attempted to walk to each other's houses. I knew that DL was mowing and as I neared her house I saw her in her driveway so I ran the rest of the way but then she disappeared and so I was creeping around her driveway and looking in her windows trying to find her and as I was looking in her carport I heard the front door open so I ducked behind her dad's pickup to try to scare her but she'd seen me and she just gave me this look like "What are you doing here? Are you crazy?" And then she started laughing and we basically just said hi and then I walked back to my house.
     I used to just listen to music as kind of background noise and I'd just "feel it" or whatever, as if liking a song was a feeling rather than an actual choice. But more and more I actually listen to the lyrics and more and more I find ways to make it applicable to my life. Some songs that were applicable to my life that came on my iPod during my walk:

"What You Know" by Two Door Cinema Club
In a few weeks I will get time
To realise it's right before my eyes
And I can take it if it's what I want to do
I am leaving, this is starting to feel like
It's right before my eyes
And I can taste it, it's my sweet beginning

"Let It Be" by the Beatles
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

"Peace on Earth" by U2
This whole song.

     I've reached that point in senior year where I feel like everything is moving at light speed and I can hardly catch my breath before I'm tossed under the waves again. It's not an entirely unpleasant feeling; there's a definite rush and sense of exhilaration about it, but it's hard to not get beat down by it sometimes. Today in chem FP told MF and I that we looked nice today and in the half second when I turned to FP to say thank you she was like "You look really tired. Not like physically tired, just mentally". Gah. I'm a walking zombie. Sometimes I wear my mental state on my shirtsleeve and other times I can fake it pretty well, but I guess tiredness is something that I can't cover up. However, there are only three more days of h-e-double-hockey-sticks before the chem exam, and once that's over I will have two glorious hours in the middle of my day to do positively nothing but talk to my friends. Those two hours will be a beacon of hope in my dark world...just kidding, my world isn't dark. It's going pretty well. Especially since we don't have school tomorrow and instead I will be doing my civic duty trying to prevent Donald Trump from embarrassing himself further by becoming president.

     So I watched this movie called Everything Before Us and it had some notable quotables that I shall include. Except it's an independent movie so I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the scenes with the quotes I like and write them down since they're not on the interweb. Such a struggle.

  • "We should be allowed to take risks and fail and love without a score to consider."
  • "You guys try to make love easier but you're missing the whole point. It's not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to test you, break you down, and hurt like hell. But who you choose to go through that with...that's what's really important."
  • "Having a plan doesn't always mean having control. That's just life. Now learning how to move forward when you don't have that control? That's just growing up."

     This post was all over the place. Ah well.

Day 884 Song Recommendation: "Peace on Earth" by U2.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts