So Long, Bleacher Seat

     Thank goodness it's Friday, even if it doesn't feel like it. It was cold and dreary again, but the tennis match was still on so DL and I went to watch it. We both forgot blankets but DL luckily had a chair and her father's favorite bleacher seat that he gave to her as a parting gift before he left for a year-long trip to Africa, so we used those and watched MF play and talked and DL took yearbook pictures and I took some stalker photos (I don't know why I didn't sin up for yearbook; I'm a fantastic stalker and as everyone knows, journalism is a stalker's dream). Then FZ's dad told us about the time he almost pepper sprayed a Ukranian diplomat and then SR irreparably broke DL's dad's prized parting gift and so DL was really really mad but then BL came over and talked about colored underwear so that made it better and then we left but before we left we invited MF to come over and watch the movies FZ had left for us to watch.
     My mom didn't know DL and MF were coming over so she'd just picked up enough food at Sheetz for me and her and there wasn't really any dinner-worthy food in my house at the time and I don't think any of us would have been very satisfied with a third of half of a sub, so DL, MF, and I decided to get in the car and eat at the first place we drove past. We kind of cheated the rule though and ate at like the third place we drove past, which was Friendly's. I didn't realize that half the female population of the senior class of Smithsburg High School works at Friendly's but they do. It was a little awkward having a classmate as our waitress and it was kind of weird because all of the people we ran into were super friendly and said hi and everything, but in school we never even acknowledge each other. ARB had just gotten off her shift though and sat with us for ten minutes or so and talked. I don't know how anybody goes to school and works. I would drown. 
     After dinner we came back to my house and watched Whisper of the Heart and I got a Charlie horse in my foot that lasted like fifteen minutes and MF and DL entertained themselves by making Maggie "smile". Poor dog. 
     So yeah, fun day. I wish I could sleep until noon tomorrow but we have a track meet. ;( Ah, well. Meets are usually pretty fun.

Day 888 Song Recommendation: "Listen to the Man" by George Ezra.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts