It Is What It Is

     Today's track meet went well. We got first place in two 4x100 relays and the 4x400. After the meet, I came home, took a shower, got back in bed, and slept for two and a half hours. It was lovely. Then I considered studying for the chem exam but decided that it was more important for me to watch a movie on Netflix so I did that. 
     Now I'm listening to One Direction. That's how badly I don't want to look at anything related to chemistry. Why am I doing this to myself? 
     A Febreze commercial just came on and for a second I thought it was another One Direction song. Wow. 
     I feel like I should be more worried about this chem exam but I'm kind of over it. I'll get what I get. It's taken me four years of high school to finally start to let go of this need for perfection. My brother is the same way, just not so much with school. He doesn't like to try new things unless he has a decent chance of being good at them, which is quite unfortunate because you don't have to be good at something to love it. I've also finally realized that this need for perfection won't end in high school. I've always told myself that if I do well in high school then I'll get into a good college and if I do well in college I'll get a good job and if I work until I drop dead...then what? I'll be happy? That's kind of sad, isn't it? So I'm breaking the cycle before it can break me. I could do marvelously or terribly on the chem exam on Monday and whatever it is, I'm fine with it because contrary to popular belief, it is not the end of the world and I have better ways to waste my time than memorizing chemical formulas. 

Quote of the Day: "I love over-exerting myself"-MD. This was at the track meet, after MD had run the 100, 400, and two 4x100 meter relays and was waiting to run another 400 meters in the 4x400 relay.

Day 889 Song Recommendation: "Play With Fire" by Vance Joy.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts