Brooklyn

     Yesterday and today have been dreary, damp, chilly days. I've always kinda liked dreary days because they make you appreciate the warmth of your own house. They also make me realize that I need to start going to the library more often so I can check out some books to read on these particular types of days. I think the next few days are supposed to be dreary as well, which I'm okay with. Hopefully our track meet on Saturday won't be cancelled because of it though.
     On Monday, SE lent me the movie Brooklyn since her parents had ordered in from Netflix, and I watched it Monday night and finished it Tuesday morning, and it was really good. It was exactly my type of movie (aside from a few minor details, like the fact that she goes home and kinda almost has an affair? Like, was that necessary?) I love movies about "the good old days". The costuming was great and the characters were all really interesting. The story itself was pretty good, but I would venture to say it leans more heavily toward a female audience. Which was obviously okay with me, but you know. I'd definitely recommend it. I also feel that it could lend itself well to a sequel, but I doubt if that will happen. Here's a short synopsis of the movie:

An Irish immigrant (Saoirse Ronan) in 1950s New York falls for a tough Italian plumber (Emory Cohen), but faces temptation from another man (Domhnall Gleeson) when she returns to her homeland for a visit.
Also, this guy was real cute. I loved him a lot. 
  I found a great blog post about this movie whilst searching the web, so I'll link it here. It echos my sentiments completely.



-VaughnDL


Comments

Popular Posts