February 2016 Wrap Up

This week has been so busy and has gone by really fast. Right now all I want to do is crawl into bed and go to sleep. I barely even noticed that it is already March. Then I realized that I hadn't done the wrap up for February. This month has gone by so fast. I got to go to Florida and that was basically the highlight of the month. Unfortunately I wasn't there long to read a bunch of books. I did get to read four books which isn't my greatest but still quality over quantity. Side note two of the books Swag had given me and and the pictures that I took of them are gone. Ugh, February kicked my butt.

1. Little Princes, Conor Greenan 3.5/5

In search of adventure, twenty-nine-year-old Conor Grennan traded his day job for a year-long trip around the globe, a journey that began with a three-month stint volunteering at the Little Princes Children's Home, an orphanage in war-torn Nepal. Conor was initially reluctant to volunteer, unsure whether he had the proper skill, or enough passion, to get involved in a developing country in the middle of a civil war. But he was soon overcome by the herd of rambunctious, resilient children who would challenge and reward him in a way that he had never imagined. When Conor learned the unthinkable truth about their situation, he was stunned: The children were not orphans at all. Child traffickers were promising families in remote villages to protect their children from the civil war--for a huge fee--by taking them to safety. They would then abandon the children far from home, in the chaos of Nepal's capital, Kathmandu.

This is one out of the two books that Swag gave me. I think my expectations for the book was a little to high. I also kind of expected it to be like Kisses From Katie and it wasn't. I adore that book so this was kind of a let down for me. About halfway through the book I sort of stopped paying attention. That being said this story was inspirational and just because I didn't love it doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't love it.

2. My Name is Memory, Ann Brashares 4/5

Better not to go into this book knowing nothing! Seriously do it.

I have never read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. That being said I went into this book with low expectations. DL didn't like it that much so I didn't know if I was going to enjoy it. This book had such an interesting concept. I can't go much into detail because like I said it is better to go into this books without knowing anything. The characters were strangely realistic and it was the most perfect book to read on a plane. I was so enthralled in the story. I don't love flying so having a good book to get lost into is always fantastic.

3. Grave Mercy, Robin LaFevers 4/5

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.
 Ismae’s most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?

I found this book about a year ago in a secondhand bookstore and I thought it looked cool so I bought it. Then when I got home I read the back of it and I was like seriously? Why did I buy this? Finally I picked it up.and I am so glad that I did. Even though this book started out slow it definitely picked up. With most books I usually have some idea if the girl is going to end up with the guy but with this book I had no idea which was nice and fresh. It did create tension and excitement in the book. I also loved the ending. It was so beautiful and perfect.

4. November 9, Colleen Hoover.

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

My crush on Colleen Hoover is no secret. She is such a fantastic writer and I keep waiting to pick up one of her books and think, 'You know what? That book wasn't that great." She somehow always ends up surprising me and having some insane plot twist that I never see coming. It blows my mind that she does something different every single novel. I didn't want to put this book down. Even though I was super busy I still picked up the book whenever I could. I can't wait to see what she's going to write next.

DFTBA
-AB


Comments

Popular Posts