The Necessity of Seasons

Once again I was going to write a post and now i'm not. I was going to post pretty much every little detail about the retreat but honestly that would take to much time. I also think that you had to be there to truly experience. When I got home I was full of emotions. This year is a lot of last for me. To be honest I could care less about the 'last' prom or the last football game. I know that sounds harsh but my youth group is so special to me. I started going to youth group when I was in a bad place. I was embraced with love and understanding. I gained a second family. I can't believe that there was a time that I never wanted to go in the first place. There have been so many memories with retreats, mission trips, spaghetti dinners etc. This year in the youth group has been tough though. I became the youth president and it is a huge responsibility. The church is changing and I have to be willing to change with it. Except it's changing in a way that I don't agree with. We all know change is not my favorite thing. So the youth retreat was more emotional than it normally is. Remember when I said that I would not cry at all. Yeah, that worked well. I cried the whole car ride there. Then there was my senior speech. Yes, once again I bawled. To tell everyone what the youth group meant to me was emotional to say the least. Then to have your youth leaders talk about you and somewhat of your journey is ten times more emotional. Whenever I get home from a retreat I am basically useless. I miss everybody, I want to go back and I can't decide what the heck I want to do. I tried to take nap, read, exercise, watch YouTube but nothing worked. I couldn't stop thinking. I pulled out my bible and tried to read some of it. Eventually I gave up and started to pray. I asked God why do there have to be 'seasons' in our life. Then I started thinking about winter and how everything looks empty. Most people complain about the snow or the fact that the trees look dead. There is especially not a lot to do in the winter. Then spring comes and things become beautiful again. It get's warmer, the flowers come back as well as the leaves etc. Imagine me going out in the middle of winter and telling the trees, "Don't worry your leaves will come back." I would be considered crazy. I don't need to tell the trees that because in a sense the trees already know. Of course the leaves are going to come back. Because winter is just a season. I was talking to my youth leader and were talking about the same thing and one thing that she said to me really stuck out.

"When we go through hard trials in our life that's when our faith becomes stronger."

She couldn't be more right. Right now I don't understand what God is doing but I have to trust that he is doing the right thing. He knows the whole picture and I've only seen one part of it.

DFTBA
-AB

















"

Comments

Popular Posts