Temple Made

     The only reason I'm writing this before my usual 10 PM is because I'm putting off homework and because I probably won't have time to post later tonight because we have dinner reservations at 9:15 (!!!!). I am pleased to say that all of my worrying was for naught (as per usual) because I love the campus and the college and the people. I can't give a list of specific things that I like about Temple; it's more of just a feeling. There's so much to do on campus and even more to do in Philadelphia that I know I'll never be bored and there are so many nice people that I can't see myself being perpetually lonely. It might take time to find my niche but once I do I know that it'll feel home-y.
     After the accepted students day, I walked by myself from the hotel to the honors college LLC where my brother lives and he met me to give me a (brief and crappy) tour of the 1300 dorms. The campus seems big at first but it's not that hard to get around at all if you have a vague idea of where you are and where you want to be. If I can navigate it solo after four visits, anyone can. 
     Then we drove down to Center City and passed the apartments where my bro is going to live next year and they're really nice. I'm jealous. Then we got some food at the Reading Terminal Market in Center City. The market is amazing. There are all kinds of foods and sooo much of it. I'm going to come home at Christmas and be 100 pounds heavier. Even the cafeteria food at Morgan Hall was good. And you could eat as much as you wanted. 
     Here are some crappy pictures I took throughout the day:
The big blue glass building is Morgan Hall, where the nice,
expensive dorms are.
This crappy picture was taken out the back window of the car. The green and
white building is where my brother will be living next year.
Center City, "the nice part".
City life is fast paced and I'm bad at taking pictures.

     Here are some nice pictures from the Internet:
I'm pretty sure this is Liacouras Walk.
Morgan Hall, where students stick post-it notes on their
windows that say "BUTTS". Classy.
The bell tower.
The student center.
Plans for the new library, set for completion in 2018. 

     Not only did I fail to post this before 10 PM; I am failing to post this at all today. I wanted to put captions on the pictures but I didn't get s chance before we went to dinner and then I thought I would have time after dinner but we just got back and now it's 12 AM and the pictures have no captions and the post is late. Way to go, SE. You're such a failure. Anyway, here's a song. I'll try to add captions when I get home. 

Day 819 Song Recommendation: "Under the Same Sun" by Ben Howard. Thanks to SR for the song rec. 
-SE Wagner 




Comments

Popular Posts