Some Thoughts, Etc.

     Today MF and I went skiing again and the slopes were super icy and I was having a bad day and fell a bunch but I didn't hurt myself except for a couple of bruises so that's good. I'm just a pretty terrible skier, to be honest. MF didn't fall once, except for when some guy plowed into her but she was fine too. After I fell for about the tenth time, we did the bunny slopes for a little bit but they're not very fun so then we just went home. The nice thing about having passes is that you don't really feel guilty if you only spend an hour or two there because it's free. Maybe we'll get a chance to go again this weekend and I won't fall as much. I think sometimes I just psyche myself out because I convince myself that it's too steep or too crowded or too icy or blah blah blah so obviously I'm going to fall. And then I do fall. But if I'm like "this is easy; it's no big deal; I can do this", I do fine.
     Luckily I think my "sickness" yesterday was a false alarm because I feel pretty fine today. I think I just need to sleep. I'm so glad I have nothing to do this weekend because the last two weekends have been super hectic and crazy and I need time to just sit on the couch and watch Netflix or read or take a walk or listen to music or take a nap. Doing nothing is my specialty and when I don't get time to do nothing, I get cranky.
     Tomorrow a real estate agent dude is coming to look at our house and I guess it's going to be officially for sale sometime in the next week or so. I just hope that I won't be home when people are poking their heads in my bedroom. "Hi, yes I live here, but I understand that to you my bedroom is your future child's room. Give me a second to scream." Just kidding. I'm actually totally fine with the whole situation because I don't give myself time to really think about it. There's no point in sitting around wallowing about all the things I'll miss because for now I still have them and it's unlikely that our house will sell within the next few months, so chances are I won't have to say goodbye for a while. And until I do, I'm just going to enjoy it. No point in worrying about things that aren't happening yet. Also, I think knowing that we're moving will make going off to college easier because it'll take a while to make a new house feel like home, so until it does, college will feel like home. And my house will feel like someone else's house...which is weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's not like I'm the first person to ever move. Lots of my friends and family have moved and did not suffer any mental breakdowns. I think that the whole idea of moving is honestly much more daunting than actually moving. And it's not like I'm moving to Alaska. I'll still be in the same state. I guess it's just weird because a year ago I thought this place would always be my home and now it's like "Wow, so I'll be coming home for Thanksgiving in a different town..." and that's just kind of a weird thought. But at the same time, I'm not always going to be living with my parents. I'll move away, get a job and a place of my own and that'll be my home and my old home will just be my parents' house.
     I didn't know I had that much to say about that. Sorry. I get carried away sometimes...

Day 825 Song Recommendation: "Moth's Wings" by Passion Pit.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts