Pre-Retreat

Today is somewhat of an emotional day. Today is the first day of my last retreat. I have been procrastinating packing because I don't want it to be the last time. Also packing is the worst for me. I always pack way to much but I don't want to forget something and then regret it later. I thought that I would pack less if I used a smaller bag then I would pack less. Yeah, okay. Basically I have a jammed packed bag and still have more things to put in. I also had to pull out the diaper bag. If you're wondering what the 'diaper bag' is it is the most amazing bag in the world. It is huge and has three compartments. When I got it for Christmas about two years ago even I thought it was to big but now I am in love with it. That thing is filled with crap as well. Keep in mind I am only going to be there for two and a half days. Oh well. Another thing is, is that everyone makes fun of it because it is huge. The picture doesn't do it justice. There is everything though. Tissues, books, vaseline, bible, band-aids, pens, camera and so on and so forth.

Everyone makes fun of the diaper bag until they need something
from the diaper bag. It has everything. #momlife
Also I have made myself a promise to not cry the entire weekend. That's hard for me even right now. It's another thing on the lists of lasts. The retreat has always been one of my favorite things in the world and it will be over before I know it. That makes me want to cry right now.  There are so many fond memories in that old house. I will always have my journals to look back on each one even thought some of the entries are filled with some drama there are mostly good memories and mementos to look at.

Also there is no internet up there which means no blog posts. MF for some reason really wants me to post about Florida which I wasn't planning on actually finishing but I guess I can do it for her. Ugh there is so much that I want to say right now but can't so I'll just leave you with a bible verse because that sounds like an AB thing to do.

"Through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die."
- Romans 5:2-7

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts