"It's the End of the World As We Know It and I Feel Fine"

     So the weather was pretty weird today. When I was driving home, it would start pouring rain really hard, as if the Heavens had opened up and God Himself was pelting each droplet down upon my windshield and then it would slow down to a peaceful drizzle only to start up again. About half an hour after I got home my mom told me to look outside so I looked out my bedroom window and the sun was peaking through and the sky was this eerie reddish-orange-grey tint and my front yard looked like that scene in Terminator right before the entire Earth gets nuked. But I didn't see any rainbow like my mom had said, so I went outside to get a better look and when I was outside my grandma was calling me so I went back in and she told me it was on the other side of the house so I went around back and there sat the biggest, brightest rainbow I'd ever seen in my entire life, and there was not one, but two of them! And I could see both ends. It was crazy. So naturally, since I am living in history's most picture-happy, document-crazy era, I took some pictures. None of them have filters or any editing done to them; it really looked like that.

It looks like I put a sepia-toned filter on it
but I didn't. It was such a weird, ugly color.

The double rainbow on the other side of the house.

Dum-dum-dum.
This is what I would imagine hell fire to look like.


Day 823 Song Recommendation: "It's the End of the World" by R.E.M. I don't particularly like this song but the chorus got stuck in my head when the world was ending, so here you go.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts