Fun with Google Translate

     You may not be aware of this, but Google Translate has flaws. A lot actually. It's kind of a running joke around the world about how bad Google Translate is. There's even a YouTube channel that takes songs and translates their lyrics to several other languages using Google Translate, and then translates them back into English and sings the "new" and always very confusing lyrics. Here are a few examples:



     In the spirit of boredom, I decided to do the same thing with a few of my own sentences:

Original Sentence: Hello, my name is DL and I am seventeen years old. Soon I will be graduating from high school, and attend Messiah College to study Journalism. I am excited, but also scared.

Translated Sentence: Hello, my name and my seventeen. I will explore Journal of high school and college graduates, and the Messiah. I'm afraid too happy.



Original Sentence: My dog's name is Blitzen. He is a Great Pyrenees. He's still a puppy, but he's huge!

Translated Sentence: Blitzen my dog. This is a great Pyrenees. It's just a puppy, but it is a big deal!



Original Sentence: Tonight I ate leftover Chinese food for supper. It was yummy. I absolutely love egg rolls.

Translated Sentence: Today eat lunch leftovers Chinese. It is delicious. I love egg rolls.



Original Sentence: I knew Google Translate was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad! This is ridiculous. LOL.

Translated Sentence: I know that Google is doing well, but I do not know if it's bad! It is ridiculous. Laughing.



Original Sentence: Would you like to go out to dinner with me? Do you like Italian? Spaghetti or lasagna? I'm more of a lasagna girl myself.

Translated Sentence: You want to go? From Italy? Spaghetti or lasagna? I'm more lasagna girl herself.


     Well, that was really entertaining! Have a great rest of your weekend!

-VaughnDL



Comments

Popular Posts