Thanksgiving 2015

It's been another eventful Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving isn't particularly one of my favorite holidays because honestly I don't like turkey or most of the food that we eat on Thanksgiving but still it's a good holiday and it's a day where you get to spend time with your family. Thanksgiving started yesterday for me. My church had our annual Thanksgiving breakfast. It was stressful getting prepared but we got it done. There was a scavenger hunt and we played flashlight tag. We didn't go to bed until around twelve and we had to wake up early to start making the breakfast. Cole, Brandon and I were once again making eggs. Every year Brandon brings farm fresh eggs and trust you can tell a difference between store bought and straight from the farm. Every year I've made eggs and even though it was early in the morning and my hands were covered in egg yokes and shells I was kind of sad because I won't be doing this next year. We listened to Christmas music and I am glad that I took in the moment. Then the breakfast started which was chaos. We then honored Blair before we started eating. He does so much for the youth and he cannot be thanked enough. He always says that he would take any one of us home and if we ever needed some place to go we could always go to his house. I really believe that if I showed up at Blair's house tonight he would let me without even hesitating. I am beyond thankful for him and he is such a man of God.
After the breakfast I came home and got ready to go to Nana and Pappy's house. Even though I was exhausted and the last thing I wanted to do was put on a pair of jeans I somehow did it. My cousin came from Virginia to be there which was special and we talked about Black Friday. Which I will not do any time in the near future. I will be sleeping in tomorrow and by sleeping in I mean until six. Then we came home and I was pretty much done with people. I'm sorry but it's true. The introvert can only takes so much social interaction. I pulled on my sweatpants and climbed into bed and tried to go to sleep. I was unsuccessful I did get to watch some YouTube videos though. The other side of my family is here but again I'm exhausted and I think i'm going to read some of my book.
Onto the thankful part...
There is so much to be thankful for. I didn't really start thinking about it until Tuesday when we wen to see Mockingjay. I was driving home and I thought about how grateful I was for my friends. We laughed a ton that night and it felt good to laugh. It felt good to be with people that loved me and I know that I love them back. To be with people that would be there for me in an instant if I asked for help. People who would never leave me.  I take a lot for granted that I shouldn't. I was getting ready this morning and I thought "What if I was blind?" I don't know why that just came into my head but it did. What if I couldn't see? What about hearing? What if I was homeless? The list goes on and on and on. Then I apologized to God because I have been given so much and I have things that people in the world don't have and yet would love to have and be grateful for it. There are people who live in shacks and yet love God with everything they have. Yet I complain about so many things and blame God when my plan isn't his plan.
Also I didn't make a collage unfortunately but here are some pictures none the less of people and things that I am grateful for.
Happy Thanksgiving.

The beautiful people that were on my crew this year. I miss them
everyday.

My wonderful family.

Fiona, she's amazing. She always makes me laugh even on the
worst of days.

Words cannot describe how much I love
this picture. Even though it's not from 2015.

The Ravenclaws. I miss this so much.

When Alex and I came home from Prom to SE's
house.

This picture.

Getting to meet Anna. I miss her so much.

Colt, this dog is crazy but I wouldn't give him up 
for anything.

Leah, she has been there for me through a lot and I know no 
matter what she is always there for me.

Cole and Megan, need I say more?

This cross I get to pass every time I come home from work.
It's such a blessing.

I not only have one amazing youth group but two. These people
never cease to make me laugh or smile. 

Cheyenne in general.

Veteran's park.

Phil and Paola. Unfortunately I haven't taken a picture with them yet. These two 
people got me through public speaking. I don't know what I would have done without
them this semester. They are truly amazing people. Hopefully they don't mind I stole
their pictures.




These wonderful people and this magical night.

DFTBA
-AB




Comments

Popular Posts