Mockingjay Reaction

So yesterday I saw the last Hunger Games.
I'm still sad.
There honestly not much to say since it was the last one and I knew what was going to happen. Like SE I was not paying attention to the movie. I was trying but I wanted to see Finnick and they waited to long for him to show up. I thought I would talk about the things that I liked and didn't like.

Good:

  • The acting, throughout all of the movies the acting was always phenomenal. No one was really a bad actor or actress. Jennifer Lawrence is perfect and they couldn't have picked a better Katniss. When she is yelling at the cat that was probably the best part for her acting wise. Everyone thought it was disgusting because she spit. Have you ever ugly cried before? There is snot and drool and yes it's disgusting because it's ugly crying. It's ugly for a reason. You could see how much it really hurt her to see her sister die right in front of her. And to know that her best friend may have ad a part in making that happen. I would ugly cry too. Also when she admits that she is exhausted and kind of wants to die. That was real. This was Josh's best acting job I've ever seen. He was believable and he has grown as actor. I felt for him and at the same time I was mad at him. He didn't seem pathetic he was realistic.
  • The action, Mockingjay gets a lot of crap because it's the most 'boring' book out of them all. The action scenes were not over done or over dramatic. The flipping mutt scene. I literally jumped and was holding onto DL for dear life. The suspense was awful and good at the same time.
  • The tragedy, this movie shows what war is. I don't feel like it was sugar coded at all. Again with the movie not being over dramatic. They put sad scenes in perfect moments. Near the end at Snow's house when Katniss see's the little girl and is afraid she's going to say something and then we see her crying over her mother's dead body. I started crying hard at that moment. 
  • When they actually brought up the other kids who died in the past games. That was something that I actually forgot. I wasn't thinking about them. When Katniss said that they weren't bad people they just wanted to survive. That was a punch to the gut.
  • That Katniss and Joanna didn't end up being best friends. I think Joanna is in some way the type of person that Katniss could become if she let her bitterness and anger take over.
  • The correlation with Snow and Coin. It's crazy when you think about how Coin and Snow were a like. When you look back at the speeches you see that they are so much alike. The rhetoric of it all. You see how manipulative Coin is and it's was freaky and somewhat scary.
  • The relationship between Katniss and Peeta. Oh my goodness. I am so glad that they didn't over glamorize. When Katniss goes to Peeta's room and lays in the bed I was praying 'please no sex scene.' Thank you for not doing that. They didn't have to have sex to prove that they loved each other. They let their relationship grow and they had children. 
  • The end. The ending was perfect. It was perfect. They didn't over shadow the fact that Katniss will never be fully okay. It's not like she had children and everything was okay. She still has PTSD but at the same time she is happier.
  • Finnick Odair, I love him so much. I will always love him. He will forever be my fictional boyfriend. Sorry Annie. I knew they would make him die. I knew they would because they have to be 'faithful' to the book. They couldn't just change that? Seriously. I knew it was coming when they mentioned mutts. DL left me in my time of need to go to the bathroom. I think that was planned. I was crying so hard at that point that I didn't even know that Katniss threw the night lock so he would have a quick death. Then I cried again when I found out afterwards. Sam Claflin was another fantastic actor and maybe i'm biased but they didn't show enough Finnick. They didn't really go into depth about his backstory. When you read the books and find out that he has died you feel the weight of that because you realize that he had so much life left to live. At the same it's war and you don't get choose who dies and who doesn't. I mean Suzanne Collins could have but whatever. I will never get over it and I know every time I watch that movie I will cry at that point because it's Finnick and I will never read about such a an amazing character ever again. 
Bad:
  • It should have been one movie. I cannot stress that enough.
There is probably a bunch of other things that I could have talked about but this is all that I could think of right now. I'm so glad that I was able to be apart of the Hunger Games fandom. I think another reason I was crying at the end is because what is next? You would think that Hollywood people would be looking for the next big thing. They tried it with Divergent but that failed. What is next? I have no idea but i'm glad that these movies were made. They were beautiful and wonderful. 
DFTBA
-AB


To lighten up the mood...






Comments

Popular Posts