Last Night Was Magic

     SE and AB both already talked about seeing Mockingjay Pt. 2, but as always, I'll add my two cents to the conversation with my own post about last night.
     Sure, going to the movies was great, and the movie itself was all right, but really just the entire evening was totally magical for completely unrelated reasons. So let's start from the beginning.
     After school ended I drove MF back to my house where we changed into our #MileADay clothes, which for MF was a pair of my sweatpants which were WAAAY too big for her, which was hilarious. Then we trekked to the park which is where I've been running to every day, and when we got there, we headed to the swings and just swung back and forth and talked about all kinds of things and it was really relaxing and fun.
     Then we went back home and hung out for a while until it was time to leave for the movie. As per usual whenever I'm driving anywhere, we got there super early, so we just sat in the car and talked some more and people watched until everyone else showed up. Then we stood in line for our tickets, where we met up with DS, and then for popcorn, where SR surprised us by showing up! It was definitely one of those The More the Merrier situations (even if FZ and SR did have to sit amongst random people...)
     During the movie, MF and I kept laughing at all the wrong parts and just generally being really obnoxious, and AB kept grabbing my hand at all the intense parts which was great.
WHY THEY ALWAYS HACK BOOKS INTO TWO MOVIES??
Such a money grab. 
     About the movie itself: I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the second movie and the second book will always be the best in the trilogy. And I definitely agree with AB that they shouldn't have stretched Mockingjay into two movies because then it just created two movies with not a lot of things going on. I also think that they never develop Prim enough as a character (in either book or movie) so that when she dies, I just can't really bring myself to care as much as I know I should. Because I never got to know her. I also don't like the way the movies portray Gale. Like EVERYONE knows he and Katniss aren't going to end up together, so why did they add so many extra kisses that weren't in the book? And instead they should have focused more on him becoming this hardcore military dude and eventually getting over Katniss cuz it's just not gonna happen with them. So then it makes him seem like this poor, helpless guy who can't get the girl, which he wasn't like at all in the books. Ok. Rant over.
     After the movie, we all stood around in the circle and rehashed the film and just talked about random stuff. CL and SR left before the rest of us, and then the remaining five of us loitered in the lobby for a good 45 minutes, laughing obnoxiously and swapping embarrassing tales. At one point they even convinced me to ask this really cute guy to take our picture, which was pretty great. MF informed me that I am not allowed to wash my phone ever. Lol. We're so pathetic.
car beauty song singer handsome
This was me and MF in the car. 
     Finally after undoubtedly annoying all the staff, we decided it was time to go home. I drove MF home, and we listened to Christmas tunes the whole way there, and we belted out along with them, particularly Sleigh Ride which we're playing in Orchestra right now. Then when we got to our house, I was like "MF, I'm finally going to brave your driveway". MF has this long driveway, and the last time (which was also the FIRST time. Since then I just park along the road and walk up to her house.) I had to back out of it, I somehow managed to pull out between a tree and a bush which is completely NOT part of her driveway...But anyway, it was really cold, so I didn't want to make her walk all the way up there. So I drove up her driveway and what do we see right at the edge in the grass?? Six full grown deer!!!!!!!! It was crazy! I told MF
it was a sign that I was going to successfully back out of her driveway, which I did!
     Anyway, it was just a generally magical night with all of my best friends and I really hope I get more nights like it between now and the end of senior year.

-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts