The End of the Loaf

Faith In Humanity Restored – 33 Pics:
This really has nothing to do with the post. I just
think it's adorable.
     MF tells a story about her grandpa that I love. It goes like this: For years, MF's grandpa would always give MF's grandma the end of the loaf of bread until finally MF's grandma said, "Why do you always give me the end piece?" and he looked surprised and said, "Because it's my favorite!"
     A similar thing happened today in English class. I turned to MF and asked her, "Hey, did you say you were driving us to the corn maze?" and MF was like, "Oh, yeah, I mean, I can, if you want..." and behind us DL is mouthing stuff to her and I turn around and DL is pointing at me and saying "She wants to drive!" and then we all started laughing and I explained to MF that I love driving people and that when she said that she could drive us I got sad and so I was secretly hoping she'd say that I could drive, and then she laughed and said, "I hate driving people! I just feel bad always asking you to drive!" Apparently DL felt the same way until we were discussing which of us was going to drive to the Red Cross meeting and DL offered to drive and I said "NO I WANT TO". It's good to know that my friends trust me enough to allow me to drive them all over creation, because I love it. I just always assumed that because I love to drive other people, that my friends would also want to drive other people. Since I was the first to get my license, I've kind of become the designated drive, but I've always kind of felt bad about it because I felt like I was hogging the job and not giving anyone else a chance. I think part of it is that I'm a control freak. When you're the driver, you decide how fast, what music, what temperature (I made DL freeze on Saturday... sorry). I guess it is a pretty big responsibility, but I naively trust that I'm a good enough driver for nothing bad to ever happen. But just because I'm a good driver doesn't mean other people are... but I won't dwell on that. Anyway, after that happened in Lang, I deemed it an "end of the bread" moment. I feel like everyone has those little things that they love that they assume everyone else loves but then it winds up that everyone actually hates it... But no one finds out until their wife tells them that they hate the end of the loaf.
     That was my anecdote for the day, and aside from that I'm out of ideas sooo...

Day 702 Song Recommendation: "On the Frame" by Beta Radio.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts