Quintessential Fall Day

     Today was an eventful day. It started out with DL and I getting lost on our way to the Red Cross Club meeting in Walkersville. Who knew Mapquest gives such terrible directions and that America has such terrible signage? Just kidding, I think it was mostly that we're both terrible with directions. Anyway, we wound up backing into like five different people's driveways doing random turnarounds, trying to figure out where the heck we were and where the heck we were going. I also gave DL whiplash twice and didn't necessarily follow the speed limit the entire time... we were only 10 minutes late though (thanks to my wonderful driving abilities) and there was only one other teenager there... so that was kind of lame, but the actual meeting was helpful, and short, so I was thankful for that. And we got donuts and orange juice, plus free Chapsticks, so that made it worth the drive. And then on the way back we took a different route (by accident) and magically wound up in the right place. The stars were aligning, finally.
     On the spur of the moment, we decided to eat at the Dixie for lunch, and after that, MF, DL, and I all went to the boy's varsity soccer game. It was their senior night, so I got nostalgic again. They lost, which was sad. I think I'm just a bad luck charm because nearly every game I go to of any sport, my school usually loses. And it's not that we're bad; it's just that for some reason when I'm there, they lose. So I should just stop going. Just kidding. It's pretty much the end of the season anyway though.      And then I got home and as I was walking to the front door, I noticed that there were a lot of completely bare trees and I got sad because it feels like Fall just started and now it's almost over. The drive to Walkersville was absolutely beautiful though and I'm even more excited to go to the corn maze now, because we take the same roads to get there. It's funny, because I don't really think that where I live is particularly beautiful because it's not like all of these tourists come to Western Maryland on vacation, but this time of year, the trees are turning and driving through the mountains just makes you appreciate how beautiful it actually is.
     I can't believe the weekend is already almost over... since when did weekends get so short?!
     Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend and go do something quintessentially fall, such as a drive through the mountains or a high school sports game.

Day 700 Song Recommendation: "Scotland" by The Lumineers. Happy 700th, Papersol!

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts