Be Nice

Today was an emotionally draining day. I knew it would be. I went to school with a positive attitude and of course it was brought down in first mod. We're doing a project in Lang and I was sitting there doing my work and some kid starts talking about me. They're right behind me. One thing that they said in particular that bothered me. I remember thinking, "what a dickhead." Then it got pretty quiet and I tried to not cry. I cannot stress how much I believe you should try to be nice to everyone. Living with social anxiety I live with a constant fear of how people see me and think about me. I try to dress nice everyday so people won't think that I'm 'lazy' or 'letting go of myself.' I don't give my opinion in a discussion or talk because I feel it's a unpopular belief or someone has a better answer than I do and they should be heard. So matter how many times people give me compliments in one day the negative comment will always stand out in my mind and I can't let it go. I'm still thinking about it if i'm being honest. I was talking to my friend about it later and she said that I should have stood up for myself. At the time I was in such a shock by what the person said that I didn't know what to say. I guess that's how bullies plan it. You have no idea what person goes through. The struggles and the battles that they have everyday. Don't just assume that you know.
DFTBA
-AB

P.S. if you're ever in a bad mood. Listen to Jewel.



Comments

Popular Posts