Amazima

I haven't really posted this week and I guess that would attribute to the craziness that is this week. This morning I had to laugh. I've been trying to get to FCA on time for the past three weeks. I drive my friend Jane to school and we're both procrastinators. We don't go well together. I told Jane to come over to my house this morning instead of me picking her up because she lives right behind me. I already knew that I looked like a mess. Somehow we were late. I have no idea how. I really don't. We tried so hard! We got to school and just started laughing because what can we do. We saw that our friend Jill left her lights on in her car which kills the battery. Luckily her car was unlocked and we turned them off. At least we did a good deed.
Next week...
Now onto the post...

For public speaking we have to do a 'informational speech.' We can either talk about a person or a event in history. I chose Katie Davis because not a lot of people know about her and she is inspirational and interesting. This involves intense research because the professor is grilling people. Now we're all kind of stressed and uncomfortable. I was looking around and I found out that Katie's foundation Amazima has a store! Of course it has her book but then it has jewelry. I'm not a big jewelry fan. I wear my one ring and my cross necklace. I had to throw away all my jewelry because it was tangled and there was nothing that we could do about it. My ring and my cross was the two pieces to survive. I went on the website though and the jewelry is beautiful. The best part about it is that Ugandan women make the jewelry and 100% of the profits goes to them. These women have been able to help support their family, get out of prostitution. Katie said that every Tuesday those women get her big van every Tuesday to go to the bank for the excited women to put money in their new bank account. Basically now I am getting all the jewelry.

The Agnes 

The Juliette 

And the course there's more but I love this jewelry and I love that it supports these beautiful women. 

DFTBA
-AB




Comments

Popular Posts