27 Questions Movie Tag

701 days worth of song recommendations... record-keeping
the old fashioned way.
     I have begun the monumental task of putting every song ever recommended on Papersol into a
700-and-counting song playlist on Spotify. So far, I'm 40 songs in... If you'd like to check those out, click here.
     In other news, here is a Movie Question Tag. I know I'm not the movie blogger, but I do love movies. And I need some new movie recommendations, so get on that DL!
 
1. Favorite action film?
The Bourne Identity.
2. Favorite comedy film?
Safety Not Guaranteed. I watched this a while ago, but it was funny. Also The Road Within was pretty funny but also kind of sad so...
3. Favorite “dark humour” or “black comedy” film?
Little Miss Sunshine. It's been a while sine I've seen this movie, but I remember it being exactly my kind of humor. Dry and sarcastic to a fault. I love this movie though because despite everything, it has a good message.
4. Favorite scene from this film?
When the granddad dies and they have to shove him in the back of the car.
5. Favorite animated film?
Wall-E. I usually hate animated movies, but Wall-E is pretty great. I mean, who doesn't like a movie about two adorable robots falling in love?
6. Favorite short film?
This one:

7. Favorite romance film?
Hmm... Take Me Home. Or In Your Eyes. Both indie, both great.
8. Favorite biographical film?
The first one that comes to mind is The Theory of Everything, which is about Stephen Hawkings. Eddie Redmayne was great in it.
9. Favorite drama film?
The Pursuit of Happyness. I've lost track of how many times I've seen this movie and I still love it.
10. Favorite music-themed film?
Once. I love how neither of the main characters are ever named. Aside from that though, it's a nice story and the music is great.
11. Favorite sci-fi film?
Inception. I like movies that make you think, and Inception certainly does that.
12. Favorite indie film?
Everything Is Illuminated. Watch this movie! 
13. Favorite book adaptations?
The Help, Harry Potter, Catching Fire, The Book  Thief. All amazing.
14. Films you want to see but never get round to watching?
Love & Mercy. All of the trailers have looked really good, and I like The Beach Boys, so I assume it would be a good movie.
15. Favorite compilation soundtrack?
Paper Towns. Some of the songs are a little too poppy/electronica for me, but overall, it's a great soundtrack that fits the movie really well.
16. Film you refuse to see?
Fifty Shades of Grey. I doubt this needs explanation.
17. Films you can’t wait to come out?
I'd like to see The 5th Wave, since I read the book. Oh! Me Before You! I can't wait for that movie to come out. I hate to say this, but I bet it will be even better than the book.
18. Best tearjerker?
Million Dollar Baby. Or Still Alice. Or The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Gosh, all of those movies are super depressing. And I didn't nice-cry at any of them. I bawled my eyes out for extended periods of time. 
19. Remake you wish had never been made?
Footloose. I don't think I ever saw the original, but the remake was awful.
20. Best film you’ve seen in 3D?
The only time I saw a 3D movie was at Hershey Park when I was about five and my brother and I were both terrified and I think I cried. I'm pretty sure it was just a short film about candy...
21. Most beautiful film? (in terms of cinematography)
Every Planet Earth episode.
22. Movie that didn’t meet your expectations?
Mockingjay Part I. I don't want to say it sucked, but... it kinda sucked.
23. Movie that exceeded your expectations?
McFarland, USA. I actually really want to see this movie again. It was way better than I thought it'd be. Classic sports movie where the underdogs win, but everyone needs a nice, uplifting PG movie every once in a while.
24. Best cinema experience?
Catching Fire. I don't know why, but it was just so much fun. And the day after DL, AB, and I saw that movie, we started the blog! So I guess it has a special place in my heart.
25. Most surprising movie moment?
Ansel Elgort appearing in Paper Towns.
26. Favorite dance sequence in a movie?
The dance scene at the end of Slumdog Millionaire.
27. Most disturbing movie you have ever seen?
Sunshine Cleaning. DL and I watched this movie together and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I can't even remember exactly what it was about, except that it was depressing, boring, and disturbing. Oh, another disturbing movie is The Sixth Sense. I don't know why I was allowed to watch that when I was like 10. It was terrifying. I hated that movie so much.

So there you have it.

Day 701 Song Recommendation: "Countdowns" by Sleeping at Last. Thanks to DL for the song recommendation.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts