The Truth About Drama

     So the main reason I decided to join drama club was because I wanted to be in a show and I wanted to have something fun that MF and I could do together. I figured that it would be fun to hang with MF and be in a theater production, but I assumed that I wouldn't really associate with any of the drama people because I've always had this image of theater kids being weird and kind of obnoxious. Of course like most instances, this stereotype isn't true. Tonight was our first real rehearsal as a full cast and it was fun! Everyone is super nice and accepting of everyone else and it's not really exclusive at all! Everyone eants to be your friend and talk to you. It was quite a pleasant experience. It definitely helps that we're doing a humorous play too, because no one takes it too seriously and everyone just tries to have fun. Plus, our director, Mr. Getz, seems like he's going to be pretty good. I'm used to the strict structure of orchestra where if you get something wrong, you go back and drill it a million times until you have it right. But in drama, if we mess up, we just keep going. I'm sure there will be some drilling as we get closer to the production, but seeing as I don't have many lines, hopefully I won't have too much trouble with getting them right the first time. 
     Anyway, I guess it was a lesson to me to not judge people based on stereotypes. The drama kids are all actually really cool and I'm really excited to work with them for the next few months. It's been a good day!

-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts