The Next Best Thing

     Today was a pretty relaxed day. MF came over and we ordered pizza and watched Insurgent which was a lot better than I thought it'd be. There were a lot of deaths, but that's what happened in the book too. It's weird that all of these things that were so popular when I was in middle school (Divergent, The Hunger Games) are coming to an end and nothing notable seems to be taking their place. I feel like the dystopian genre is beginning to phase out and I'm not sure what will be the new fad. I hope it's good because I need something to get me excited about reading again. And movies. Scary thought: reading itself with phase out. That would suck. But I feel like it's already starting to happen. The people I know who were obsessed with reading in middle school hardly ever read anymore and as technology advances, eventually paper books are going to be super old school, and maybe reading for pleasure will be out with that as well. Shudders. I don't want to think about this grim future. Hopefully it won't happen in my lifetime (that's what everyone says about every unpleasant thing). Okay, well here's to hoping reading stays in fashion. Have a good night!

Day 665 Song Recommendation: "Crossroads" by Marketa Irglova.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts