People Are Good

Today and the end of yesterday was a good day. We had our first public speeches, of course not everyone could go but the ones who did go were amazing. One was not prepared or just beyond nervous which understandable. It amazed me how people could share their personal stories in front of people they barely knew. I was kind of intimidated by this class when I started because you could tell that they were intelligent, thoughtful people and I didn’t think I met that standard. There was a kid who loved sports and had a serious concussion and his parents told him that he couldn’t play sports anymore because they didn’t want to lose him. He has problems with memory and remembering what to say but yet he had the courage to take a public speaking class. There was a girl who deals with depression and cutting herself. I just wanted to hug her. This girl is beyond kind and sweet. It wasn’t something that I thought she was going through. They put themselves out there, making them vulnerable and the response was amazing. They were given sympathy, love and understanding. The class thanked them for sharing their stories and it caused other people in the class to share some of their stories. I was worried about sharing my personal story because I didn’t think that anyone could relate. As if anyone is perfect? I need to remember that people are good, they are sympathetic and kind. They don’t have to go through something hard to understand or sympathize with you. I think at the end of the class we felt a little closer to each other. I guess that’s a good thing about a public speaking class. I had a doctor’s appointment today and on the way home I randomly turned to a station and the song “Love song” by Third day came on. It is really a gorgeous song. It talks about the love we have for God and the love that God for us. It’s almost acapella and it was the most perfect song for me at the time. I forget that God loves me so deeply. I love because God loved me first and sometimes I don’t know why he does. God sympathized with us, so we sympathize with others. Not everyone is out to get me and I need to not forget that. Hearing that song made me tear up, the song is from 1997 which is also the year I was born and it didn’t make sense why a station would play that song rather than a newer song.
That’s a God moment.
Here’s some of the lyrics.

“And I know you just don’t realize how much I give you and I promise I would do it all again. And just to be with you I’ve done everything there’s no price I did not pay. Just to be with you I gave everything. I gave my life away…Just to be with you.”

I was driving with this blaring in the car. It makes me realize that the things that I worry about now won’t matter next year around this time. Obstacles that I didn’t think that I could get through, God helped me through. God’s already done his part and I need to do mine by trusting him.
We focus so much about what to do to please God that we forget how much he loves us. He’s not a dictator, he’s a father. He understands why and how we make mistakes and yet no matter what we did he loves us. It’s not my performance that gets me to heaven it’s my faith in God and did I share that love with others? In some situations I go to him and others I depend on myself and others around me. It normally doesn’t work out the second way.
Yesterday was kind of mind opening.  Never forget how good people actually are.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts