Life Goes On

I had a whole post planned out for today but that's just not going to happen today. Planning the whole speech, going to work and everything it just became to much. It was kind of like a movie scene where the sad music plays and you cry in your car. I just got so frustrated and mad.
There's a quote that I read a few years ago by Robert Frost.

"If there's one thing I've learned about life; it's that it goes on."
At the time I thought well duh life goes on. It's not just going to stop for you. I think I just realized that and it hit me the head like someone threw a rock at me. As much as I hope and pray that the world and time would just stop for a day it won't. The world doesn't care. It hurts but you just have to keep moving and I need to choose what should stay in my life and what I need to cut out. I guess there was a plus for today. I had my bible with me because I needed it for the post I was originally going to put up tonight. My co-worker who is Muslim, not devout but she is Muslim. She looked at me and asked.
"Aren't bible's supposed to be black and dark?"
I cracked up.
Then she asked me to read something from it. I asked her if she ever read the bible and she said no. So of course I picked one of the most common verses.
Jeremiah 29:11. I think we all know what Jeremiah 29:11 is. She didn't say anything about it after I read it but she asked if she could see it. Then she just started reading it. She asked me questions about my faith and no it didn't seem like she was going to convert. She did ask me if I could get her a bible. At work a lot of people joke with me about my faith. They don't mean it rudely but they know what to talk about in front of me and what not to talk about in front of me. Most of it doesn't even shock me anymore. That was my God moment for today. It might have been small but it made me happy.
DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts